Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: A Plea to GG / CMON - City Pit Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
First of all - thank you for a great game and the way you listen to fans in the past.

In the Kickstarter S3 you have Pit Tiles which are a great idea.

In the Kickstarer I asked if we could have these as tiles ( like the rubble ) and the answer was no.

They are very easy to make ( see below ) and it would be wonderful to have official ones.

Please speak to the public, even ask in the comments on KS, whenever this is asked for by me and others it generates +1.

This is SOMETHING we want that is not another hero or mold.

Thank you for listening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would also need plank tiles because each pit is different.

Personally, I don't see an issue with it. There are many things that are part of the tile. Where do you stop? Locker room tiles, hospital bed tiles, sewer tiles... you could go on and on.

Pits are part of the map tile because they're meant to interact with the connecting rooms in a certain way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
They could make generic tiles for use on the streets.

These could form tokens for map designers to make more interesting maps using the pit rules from S3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Of course you dont stop there you keep going...while i am not a fan of their "do as you want"attitude this seems like a step back from this..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie57 wrote:
They are very easy to make...

You said it yourself, we can do it easily, if we want one. A fan design, good printer paper, card stock and a little glue. Any time GG introduces something, someone wants them to do it differently. As soon as they make them, someone asks, why didn't you make one side a fire pit, or a third side a BBQ pit, or a pit and the pendulum themed pit!

Sandbox, variants, DIY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I agree with you here we could make fan ones - but we have the rubble from toxic mail etc and this is something different from sculpts but equally a new mechanic they have introduced.

They encourage scenarios etc and official pits that can be used would have a functional base.

They could make one side with the bit, the flip side with ladders etc.

For them I am sure this is not a big deal to make considering it's simply printing when the design is done.

Others are also asking for ambulance tokens as well. It s not a case of they have done anything wrong that is wanted differently. It's simply something else that would be of use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
The way I see it, is that pits should be extra tiles.. While there isnt any issue making them, i guess *MY* beef with it, is that they are permanent on the board if they dont.. What id i choose not to use them, or want to create a scenario with them somewhere else? sure i can ignore them, but it would be nice just to have a moveable tile and the actual board not have them on it.

Its only a minor annoyance though, not something for me to consider not buying/backing it over though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telnets wrote:
The way I see it, is that pits should be extra tiles.. While there isnt any issue making them, i guess *MY* beef with it, is that they are permanent on the board if they dont.. What id i choose not to use them, or want to create a scenario with them somewhere else? sure i can ignore them, but it would be nice just to have a moveable tile and the actual board not have them on it.

Its only a minor annoyance though, not something for me to consider not buying/backing it over though

The issue is that they're designed around a certain room layout. Notice that none of them are allowed in the street, they are all inside and the rooms next to the pits and the different plank options are design decisions. I think that's why they were done this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lawrence kniffin
United States
parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telnets wrote:

Going with this theory you could just make some tiles at home that are the same room minus a pit, as well as create some pit tiles to suit the need of your mission creation.

Frog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
of course.. and its not a big deal either way.. but it would be more consistant with the TCM if they just added pits as tile extras..

they could have just made barricades and rubble permanent on the TCM tiles too, but they choose not too.. just odd they did it on AN..

either way, its easy enough to ignore if i choose not to use them, or easy enough to create a tile if i create a scenario i want it somewhere else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubble and barricades can go anywhere so it wouldn't make much sense for those.

I don't think they wanted tokens for pits because they didn't like how they behaved if they were added in the street (perhaps they were too powerful or unwieldy because you need a way to cross them which usually involves a diagonally movement (often not allowed in streets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
True but it's not hard to house rule them.

A couple of early trail pits.

Print these at 100% and theyh should fit on the city gameboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.