3 Posts

Sword of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Carthagian card # 9 "No Retreat" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Rosell
msg tools
Hi! Wonder about this card.

The text says Pay after a Cartaginian force is defeated in battle, but before political consequences are suffered.

Remove two mercenary CUs from the defeated force, which are considered combat losses, instead of retreating. Place the winning army in the space from which it entered the battle.

I always thought the Carthaginian player only can use this card if he is a defender. But the text actually never says this. But can he use it as an attacker? and force the winning side to retreat? It sounds really weird and our house rule is that Carthage have to be defender. But how does it work?

Grateful for opinions clarification on this.

Kind regards!
Mikael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question to the designer recently. It is only used if Carthage is the defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
I asked this question to the designer recently. It is only used if Carthage is the defender.
Doesn't the card pretty much say that already? Can a winning army army be sent back to the space "from which it entered the battle" and yet not be the attacker? Which pretty much makes the Carthaginian the defender or the card text makes no sense. The winning side is forced to retreat incidentally...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.