Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following this game for awhile and lately gathering even more interest and maybe turning towards a purchase of the game. The coins seem to start garthering in my wallet.

Beforehand I could use some advice from fellow gamers. I've been watching playthroughs from
Paul Darcy
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plus the review from
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope some of you gamers could spare some time evaluating the game in the following categories from 1-5 (5 being the best);

Poll
Fun
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
48.8% 20
41.5% 17
9.8% 4
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 41
Thematic feel
70.7% 29
26.8% 11
2.4% 1
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 41
Replayability
46.3% 19
46.3% 19
7.3% 3
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 41
Value of components
27.5% 11
45.0% 18
25.0% 10
2.5% 1
0.0% 0
Voters 40
Value for your money
65.9% 27
29.3% 12
4.9% 2
0.0% 0
0.0% 0
Voters 41
This poll is now closed.   41 answers
Poll created by Evabelle
Closes: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:00 am

Thx for participating
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Value of components" might not be easy to vote for, since there are different versions of the game. Boxed, unboxed, mounted map, paper map.
But I can tell you the counters are some of the best I've every seen. Lots of different shapes, thick, sturdy, awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theron Seckington
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could also recommend my review

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1119321/undead-and-loving-it...

I'll vote, totally, but I feel like I have a hard time evaluating this on your metrics here. Mostly, is the game fun? Yes and no - it's immensely frustrating and unfair and you're going to lose a lot, but that is part of the experience, the thrill of victory when you finally beat it.

DOTZ is decidedly one of my favorite solitaire games and the biggest reason I don't just fire up Netflix or play a video game when I have a couple hours set aside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I love this game. I have the boxed version, and I love the look, feel, theme, and quality of all of the components. Super thick counters that are laser cut so you have some cool details like a bite out of the corner of the ZEDS counters, or the skull marker for the infection track. Some people don't care for the puzzle style mounted map (I really like it and use it for my plays) but in the boxed version you get the mounted and paper maps. I thinks it is a very fun game, and love the tension of it. It grabs you by the throat on turn one and never lets go. Never enough actions to do what needs to be done! I consider this a must have for any zombie fan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthReich wrote:
Personally, I love this game. I have the boxed version, and I love the look, feel, theme, and quality of all of the components. Super thick counters that are laser cut so you have some cool details like a bite out of the corner of the ZEDS counters, or the skull marker for the infection track. Some people don't care for the puzzle style mounted map (I really like it and use it for my plays) but in the boxed version you get the mounted and paper maps. I thinks it is a very fun game, and love the tension of it. It grabs you by the throat on turn one and never lets go. Never enough actions to do what needs to be done! I consider this a must have for any zombie fan!

Now I'm really starting to get itchy fingers to lay my hands on this game. Gotta make my feet shamble down to my local gamestore for a copy, or find webstore that have the game (not many in Europe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is always available from the publisher's website:
victorypointgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthReich wrote:
It is always available from the publisher's website:
victorypointgames.com

I know, but danish custom & tax ($22), danish postal fee ($30) and VP's shipping cost ($32) - a grand total of $139 prevent my purchase from the source of this zed outbreakzombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! surprise Maybe your local game store could get a copy? Hope you find a reasonable way to get your hands on the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to ask them, and they properly have to order it - but that's what I'm gonna do. Then game have really got my attention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.