BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Seeking Play Testers

Subject: July - September 2014 (Los Angeles, CA) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Santo
msg tools
designer
publisher
I am currently looking for people to help play-test a press-your-luck dice game in the Los Angeles area from July to September 2014. The game has been in development for over a year and has completed its initial rounds of play testing. This last round of play-testing is in preparation for the game's Kickstarter campaign which will be starting later this year.

If you're interested in play-testing a board game in its prototype phase and getting your name in the "Credits" section of the game's instruction manual, then please fill out this brief Play-Testing Questionnaire.

Here is some additional information about the game:
* Ages 10+
* 2 to 6 Players
* 15 to 20 Minutes

I am not looking for a set number of people to test. The more, the merrier! I will try to host as many playtest sessions as I have interested testers, but each session will consist of 2-6 testers and will last between 1.5 and 2 hours. I provide 2 options for location (West Los Angeles or downtown Los Angeles) and will determine the location based on the responses I receive. As for the date and time, the 1st playtest session will probably take place the 1st week of August. I will coordinate with those who responded and try to match up people's preferred days of the week and location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick questions:
How many people are you looking for?
What dates are we needed (all week? certain days? times?)?
Where in Los Angeles (it's a big place)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Santo
msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks for the response! I edited my original post to include the details you requested (sorry about that). Let me know if there is anything I missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a playtesting group that meats monthly, with the next meeting being tomorrow (7-18) at noon at Game Empire in Pasadena.
You'd probably have to test others' games at the beginning to earn points to put your game on the table but they're very well-organized.

-marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Garcia
Spain
Sant Andreu de la Barca
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know there were a playtest group in Game empire Pasadena!

Anyone knows the details such as a link to a calendar or similar? is it every 4 weeks always?

Thanks for sharing!

@Tryskele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Santo
msg tools
designer
publisher
That's great information! I don't know if I will be able to get out there tomorrow but I will definitely be contacting them for more information. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.