Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Hostage Negotiator - Canberra KS group... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one, I just can't pass on. To the point that I'm going to pledge for a ten-pack, and hope I get a few people to join in, rather than upping a pledge based on the number of takers

Hostage Negotiator is a solo game of "delicate chatting". The mechanic is "hand builder": build up conversation points, use them to buy cards into your hand, which can be used to build up conversation points, etc., all the while hopefully "talking down" the abductor via combo-play. There's a very good video playthrough/review on the BGG page, as well as a few reviews, etc. in the forums.

Torben: solo is not co-op. Therefore you are compelled to participate sauron

Base pledge is USD20 for the game, plus USD20 shipping. There's a 6-pack option (USD100 + USD30, so USD21.67 each), and a 10-pack option (USD150 + USD40, so USD19 each). Speak up if you'd like one of the 10-pack! Estimated shipping date is Feb-2015. Usual deal of Canberra delivery/pickup, etc.

There are also four planned "add-on" abductor packs, that expand the number of "nasties" you can play against. These are USD5 each, or USD15 for all four. Again, speak up if you'd like any/all (details of each pack are listed on the KS page; the first one ships with the game, the rest are planned to ship "seasonally" through 2015, as they introduce new mechanics to fit the scenario).

There are also a limited number of add-on's of If I'm Going Down... (USD25) and Tessen (USD12), but since they are (also) bundled into a couple of pledge levels, I'm a little uncertain as to how they'll deal with the "limited supply" side of things.

Come on: all those lobsters that you're holding in your wallet are innocent, and want to be free. Let one go...I'm sure I can arrange something good for you if you do arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, David.
Thought I'm not sure how many you'll get, seeing this is a solo game.
But you never know....

(edit)
Yes please, to the $15 Abductor Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
I'm in, David.
But you never know....

I'm planning on using any/all leftovers for "classroom purposes" at work ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been on my radar for a while and I've been waiting for the KS. Only reason that I haven't pledged yet, as I read that a $35 pledge was being put up for the base game and the 4 Abductor packs. Yes, I know it is the same price as selecting a base game pldege and adding $15, but it keeps it simpler, and I like simple.

Count me in, thanks David, and put me down for the Abductor 4 pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great; I'm in.
(Edited to include 4x Abductor packs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Edwards
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
I'm in....for the lot, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spice
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hiya,
looks fun, I'm in for a copy with the 4 Abductor packs too please.
Cheers,
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daveted wrote:

Just to check: by "the lot", do you mean the game plus the Abductor 4-pack? Or does it also include those other two add-on games that they're offering (If I'm Going Down, and Tessen)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:

Nice try, but I don't like solo boardgames either.

If I'm going to play a game solo, it'll be one on my phone or iPad (like the SolForge I crushed random online opponents in at 2:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep.)

Now, if it was a "versus other players" negotiation game with this theme, I'd be really interested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Awesome, I remember hearing about this last year. Great theme.

Yes please, and all abductor packs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TorbenVang wrote:
dlow wrote:

Nice try, but I don't like solo boardgames either.

If I'm going to play a game solo, it'll be one on my phone or iPad (like the SolForge I crushed random online opponents in at 2:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep.)

Now, if it was a "versus other players" negotiation game with this theme, I'd be really interested...

definately other activities that you might be persuing if you have to play by yourself......like soul forge of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbert
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is still a spot going. Me + the abductor packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been looking at this one too, and the price is right. I'd like one plus the abductor pack please David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:
I'm in, David.
But you never know....

I'm planning on using any/all leftovers for "classroom purposes" at work ninja

One left from the ten-pack, if there are any more takers! I will admit that the interest has been more than I expected: I actually thought I was going to have half a dozen left over surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll grab that last slot if I can, plus all abductor packs.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And that's it, all sold. Colour me impressed meeple

Just need confirmation on daveted's order to finalise the pledge. Currently in for USD340 (150 for ten games, 40 for postage, 10x15=150 for ten 4xAbductor add-on's), so USD34 each. Expect that to convert to something a bit south of $40.

Final accounting to be done at campaign-end, circa August 11th. I might encourage payment then, once the actual figure is known; but no stress waiting until delivery (circa Feb/March 2015).

Thanks to you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organizing this, David. Excellent and unexpected response rate.

BTW, I still owe you for my Flash Point selections in the Coup Reformation KS. When you get the bill for this, I'll fix you up for both - I now have a year long IT contract, more hours, better pay rate, but I have to be sensible with my game purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Edwards
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
dlow wrote:
daveted wrote:

Just to check: by "the lot", do you mean the game plus the Abductor 4-pack? Or does it also include those other two add-on games that they're offering (If I'm Going Down, and Tessen)?

sorry.
The game plus the Abductor 4-pack.

Not the other two add-on games.

And thanks for organizing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, there's an interview with the designer in the latest episode of the 1-player Podcast here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks for all the support from you all and David especially for organizing. You have my gratitude. I would just like to mention if by happenstance more were willing to get in and it was ok with you David, we could certainly make that happen. I only mention this if there was concern you were limited to 10 by the pledge level, not to pressure anyone as what you have put together already is more than I could ever have asked for.

If anyone has questions on the game or project, please let me know as I will be watching this thread.

Cheers! (right?)

A.J. with Van Ryder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACtually given this offer, if you're happy to add me in as number 11 David, you could sign me up for game + abductor 4 pack. No dramas if you aren't keen.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll chat with AJ about options, and post an update once we work out what (if anything) he can do for us. Pre-campaign, I pleaded for a multipack that was "postage efficient", and he delivered in spades The problem will be if adding an extra pushes postage into the next category - so we're on wait-and-see at present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebut wrote:
ACtually given this offer, if you're happy to add me in as number 11 David, you could sign me up for game + abductor 4 pack. No dramas if you aren't keen.

Dave

OK: AJ says that USD15 for the game plus USD4 shipping per add-on works for him; the 4xAbductor packs at USD15 is still good/standard.

So, if anyone wants in on this pledge, that's the deal: USD19 for just the game, or USD34 for [game + 4xAbductor] (which is precisely the same as those of us already in the 10-pack are liable for!).

Thanks to AJ for the offer cool Dave - I've added you at the USD34 figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Brethren, if you'd all join with me in wishing the $A to arrest its decline of the last couple of days, and rather head higher for the last ten days of this campaign...." gulp cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fingers are crossed, all 11 of them!whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.