Subject: Simple Harbor Question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
United States
Unspecified
West Virginia
flag msg tools
To be able to access and use those harbors for 3:1 and 2:1 trades, does one have to have a city/settlement on one of the two specific corners of the hex where the harbor is, or can they have a city/settlement anywhere on the hex whose edge contains the entire harbor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
coxdds wrote:
does one have to have a city/settlement on one of the two specific corners of the hex where the harbor is...?

Yes, the city/settlement has to be on one of the two coastal vertices specifically bordering the harbor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A player must build a settlement (or city) on the specific vertex where the harbor is in order to use the harbor.

E.g., in the image below, Blue is able to use the wood port, but not the 3:1 port.

Edit: I'm using "harbor" and "port" interchangeably in this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
United States
Unspecified
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response, guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.