Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Treasure Hunter card says:
Gain (2 Power). You pay (1 Power) less the next time you defeat a Monster with Treasure under it this turn.

I wonder why did they use "pay 1 less" instead of "gain 1".

Does it mean:
I have 5 power; kill a 5-power monster; and now I still have 1 power to spend (I have spent 4 instead of 5).

or

I have 4 power; with treasure hunter I can kill a 5-power monster. Now I have 0 power left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
Gain (2 Power). You pay (1 Power) less the next time you defeat a Monster with Treasure under it this turn.

Does it mean:
I have 5 power; kill a 5-power monster; and now I still have 1 power to spend (I have spent 4 instead of 5).

or

I have 4 power; with treasure hunter I can kill a 5-power monster. Now I have 0 power left.

It means that any monster with a treasure underneath it requires one less power to kill it.

So if the monster normally requires 5 power but it has a treasure underneath it, it only requires 4 this turn.

Thus, both of your choices are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:

Does it mean:
or

Well, that bolded portion would need a clause that the extra power needs to be towards those Monsters with Treasure under them only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.