Subject: Open Gaming for Juniors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Tabrisky
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
I went to WBC for the first time just last year. Is there an open gaming room and library for juniors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. And there are 20 Juniors events run throughout the week for young gamers 6-12 years of age.

http://boardgamers.org/juniors.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Juniors room is what drew me to my first WBC a couple years ago, and started me on the path of family gaming that I am on today.

I don't think WBC does enough to advertise what a great destination this con is for families with Gamer Kids. There is nothing else like it that I'm aware of.

Many other popular conventions discourage bringing kids. I boycott all of those.

Many thanks to Laurie, Joanna, and Jenna, plus the twenty volunteer GMs, for their work in making Juniors gaming possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saccenti wrote:
The Juniors room is what drew me to my first WBC a couple years ago, and started me on the path of family gaming that I am on today.

I don't think WBC does enough to advertise what a great destination this con is for families with Gamer Kids. There is nothing else like it that I'm aware of.

Two SF Bay Area Conventions (Pacificon & Kublacon) provide very good kid's gaming rooms, with a game library and volunteers to teach the kids.

Quote:
Many thanks to Laurie, Joanna, and Jenna, plus the twenty volunteer GMs, for their work in making Juniors gaming possible.

Hear! Hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: kids 12 and under can play in the juniors room, including all of the juniors tournament, for FREE, if they have an adult paying to attend the con. WBC does not require 1 adult per child - one adult can sign up multiple kids.

My son, Joe, is taking over Ingenious, Jr, from me this year. He and all of the junior GMs, and especially Laurie W who organizes the juniors room and the people who monitor the room, deserve a big thank you.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Tabrisky
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thank you everyone for the information. I have one other question regarding the schedule for juniors: will the room be available for open gaming on Monday, Aug 4? I see that the events start on Tuesday, but was wondering if the room will be open to the juniors before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The room is not open until Tuesday. However, you'll also be receiving an email directly from Laurie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.