Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Farmageddon» Forums » General

Subject: Okay it is July....Now what? Is the expansion coming out soon or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grant, I have to tell you that we love the game and can't wait for the expansions as it will be fun to add even more craziness to an already very underrated game. It is one of our favorite card games and we usually keep it in the car for our wait at restaurants and such.

Have waited soooooo long just really want to know what is going on and when to expect the new cards to hit the shelves.

Also on a side note for Kickstarter folks are you sending out a request for any address changes? And can you let us know the estimated retail price for new FrankenCrops and L&L, and will you be selling them as a bundle going forward with the original game.

My crops are in need of a hostile strawberry....please hurry!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy! Thanks for the kind words. Phil posted an update on KS a week or two ago. Go check it out there, but long story short, there was a bit of a problem with the printing that needed to be fixed. This sets things back a few weeks. Sorry man :/

It is real, and coming soon.

Phil also said he will be sending out address change update. Definitely check out the Ks page for all the details. Feel free to geekmail me if you can't find what you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I missed your questions. I don't know the prices. I think the expansion L&L will be about $8? And the kicker pack probably $5? I don't know for sure, so don't quote me.

Phil may be doing bundles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Io Dean,

My apologies the wait has been so long. (I'm glad you're enjoyin' the game so much, though... : D)

The proofs came earlier this month, and were mis-cut slightly too big. As a result, the cards would have been marked, and would have made shuffling too difficult. They're currently being re-printed and re-cut to the proper size.

We'll be doin' a survey resend once the redone proof is approved to catch addresses that have changed. For folks who missed the campaign, the FrankenCrop pak will be $5, and Livestocked & Loaded will be $10.

Best,
Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is retail for the full game? Amazon has it for $13....L&L seems a little high at $10...but who am I to complain.

Are you going to offer a bundle deal so that I can buy everything for my peeps or am I going to have to buy them all seperate and pay the $28 price tag for one card game?

I do understand that the expansions should have a cost...but can we have a $23-24 price point...is that possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MSRP for Farmageddon is $15, but the publisher has zero control over the price at retail. I've seen it sold everywhere from $9.99 to $15.

I don't know if there will be a package deal. That is Phil's call as the publisher and it is determined by cost and the business. There aren't a lot of margins around the game as it is tiny, but I guess watch when it comes out to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Dean: I'll have a look at the numbers to see if a bundle set is possible.

Best,
Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think I saw a note somewhere that they screwed up the cards a second time...but I can't reach KS from work so can you update the status on new expansions?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Io Dean,

The cards are getting reprinted and re-cut outright and are currently in queue at the printer to do exactly that. We'll keep you folks posted, as always.

Best,
Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay it is December....is there any update on whether the cards are ready yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wheels4hextall wrote:

Check the latest kickstarter update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wheels4hextall wrote:

Phil just sent out new backer surveys to give you a chance to update your address, as it's been a while since the original game was shipped. Keep in mind you don't need to pay for the expansion, as the backer kit might imply. You can just skip to the end and update your address.

Phil has said it should be here this month, so...really any time now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're expecting the expansions to hit the warehouse by late December, with shipping to hit ya by early January.

Best,
Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OKAY its March already.

I paid for extra copies to be shipping with the expansion and you were happy to take my money...when can we expect anything to ship?

I know there was a delay because of the dock strikes on the west coast but that was a month or more ago. Any update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received this message from the publisher:
Kickstarter
The State of 5th Street
Posted by Phillip Kilcrease
This is a post that would've gone up within the next week or two, but I’m having to post it earlier than I would've liked because Smash Monster Rampage has hit the retail market.
Ever since I was a kid, I've wanted to run a board game publishing company. Starting 5th Street Games in 2011 was a lifelong dream for me. Unfortunately, due to a variety of factors, I'll be filing a personal Chapter 7 bankruptcy within a couple weeks and shutting down 5th Street.
Although various issues have led to this point, the main factor was Smash Monster Rampage not being available when expected due to production delays. This caused 5th Street's cash reserves to dwindle, since I didn't have the revenue available from SMR to offset the business's monthly costs. By the time SMR was ready, I didn't have the cash on hand to pay the invoices owed to the manufacturer. This led to a catch-22 in which the manufacturer wanted payment before it would send me the products, but I needed the products in order to raise the revenue to pay the manufacturer.
We worked out a deal where I would forward to the manufacturer all purchase orders from distributors, the manufacturer would send me the reserved Kickstarter copies to send out to backers, and the manufacturer would hold the remaining inventory and fulfill distributor orders until the sales covered the remaining invoices. However, I have yet to receive the Kickstarter copies.
For the past several months I've been scrambling after loans and angel investors, trying to find a way to save the company. I've started talks with other board game publishers who might be willing to purchase some or all of 5th Street's catalog. None of those efforts panned out, though.
As a result, after exhausting every possible avenue I can think of, and every avenue that everyone I know can think of, I have no other option but to file a personal Chapter 7 bankruptcy. There aren't enough sales to cover the business's monthly payments, and the sales that are occurring are going straight to the manufacturer. This affects 5th Street because the credit lines set up for the company were personally guaranteed by me.
There is one small bright spot, though. The manufacturer is willing to ship the Kickstarter copies for the Farmageddon expansions, Smash Monster Rampage, and Mob Town to backers through Game Salute. You'll need to pay the shipping yourself—which sucks, because you already paid it once—but this option will get the expansions into your hands. If the manufacturer had sent me the Kickstarter copies, the product would've been caught up in the impending bankruptcy, so this actually works out a bit better for backers. I'll provide details about getting your copies through Game Salute when I have more information.
I'm so sorry for the frustration this Kickstarter has caused you and for not being able to deliver the remaining Farmageddon expansions when promised. The buck stops with me, and you all have my deepest apologies.
I am privileged and honored to have had your support during 5th Street's run. Some of you have been with me from my first game, Castle Dash. Thank you for sharing 5th Street's vision. I wish I could have lived up to it.
I've also been privileged to be part of the Kickstarter community. I sincerely hope the situation with 5th Street doesn't affect your opinion of Kickstarter. The vast majority of projects that fund are delivered successfully, and there are lots of awesome projects that could still use your support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
Life is mostly froth and bubble, Two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own.
badge
YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a Kickstarter update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5thstreetgames/farmaged...

Quote:
Unfortunately, due to a variety of factors, I'll be filing a personal Chapter 7 bankruptcy within a couple weeks and shutting down 5th Street.
The manufacturer is willing to ship the Kickstarter copies for the Farmageddon expansions, Smash Monster Rampage, and Mob Town to backers through Game Salute. You'll need to pay the shipping yourself—which sucks, because you already paid it once—but this option will get the expansions into your hands.

Disappointing, but at the end of the day it's not nearly as bad for us as it is for him

[NINJA'ed!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what does this mean? I read that I will just have to pay shipping again...fine mo big deal. But I also pre-bought additional copies of the original game and expansions...will I get those? If all I am out is some shipping that is okay as long as I get everything.

Sorry for troubles and wish you the best. Is farmageddon going to be sold or picked up by another game company or once these copys are put out it will never be seen again? That would be really sad as it is such a great game and I can't wait to see how the livestock plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wheels4hextall wrote:
So what does this mean? I read that I will just have to pay shipping again...fine mo big deal. But I also pre-bought additional copies of the original game and expansions...will I get those? If all I am out is some shipping that is okay as long as I get everything.

Sorry for troubles and wish you the best. Is farmageddon going to be sold or picked up by another game company or once these copys are put out it will never be seen again? That would be really sad as it is such a great game and I can't wait to see how the livestock plays.

Hi Dean --

I don't know the answer to any of your questions. I believe Phil noted that people can get copies of the expansion by paying for shipping -- but I don't know any details. As for other copies...I don't know. You should email Phil at phil@5thstreetgames.com .

I don't know if Farmageddon will be published by someone else. The rights to the game will revert fully to me, the designer. I am focused on other projects at this time, but if nobody picks it up, it is my intent, in a few years when this all settles, to add a new expansion and publish the game myself with the base game, all FrankenCrops, and two expansions as one single deluxe product. Maybe.

But, that is hypothetical and a few years away. Unfortunately I don't know anything right now. All I do know is that the game is still mine in the end and I have full control over it once this all resolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QPC Games just posted an update about getting copies of Livestocked and Loaded: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5thstreetgames/farmaged...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Grant,
What are the chances of backers getting hold of the PnP files for these expansions, similar to the files we received with the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbhalla wrote:
Hi Grant,
What are the chances of backers getting hold of the PnP files for these expansions, similar to the files we received with the base game?

It is maybe possible. Let me look through the files and such. I wouldn't make them backer exclusive -- the campaign isn't mine and I don't have access to it (I'm just the designer). But, I can try to release something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.