Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey BGGers,

So here's what happened. I'm having a somewhat big boardgame event this weekend which includes introducing some gateway games to more casual players. I have a lot of the SDJ winners and nominees available for play but I don't think my FLGS is going to get Camel Up in time.

I'm no stranger to re-themes so I figured I might as well make my own Camel Up. There doesn't seem to be any information on the cards that isn't available and I'm not about to try and make my own pyramid.

I am seeking re-theme suggestions. I prefer Sci-Fi (and funny) because of the challenge of translating other themes into it, but I'm open to anything that will fit logically with the idea of a race and stacking the racers.

If all else fails, I'll just put the racers on a wooden square and they can stack straight up.

Help me out BGG, you're my only hope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Horror Leader wrote:
I prefer Sci-Fi (and funny)

Space Camels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Quest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Space Shuttle could be fine theme, as they are designed to be carried on the back of other vehicles (the "up" in Camel Up").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Transporting gems from mines to cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmet U
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgames are being delivered to your house. You are guessing the one for which you should be home early (betting on the fastest one that is being delivered), before your significant other comes home (who thinks you have more than enough games).

The dice pyramid is a UPS/FedEx truck. Desert tiles are something like flat tire or fast delivery that affect the speed of delivery.

Coins are heart shaped, indicating your relationship status. As long as you correctly guess which game will be delivered early, your gain relationship points, otherwise you lose relationship points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wilhm
United States
EDMOND
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TokenCon: Oklahoma's First Board Game Convention!
badge
Living my best life
mbmbmbmbmb
Players are scientists with too much time on their hands, so they race Lab Mice in a maze and place bets. The maze board could be a 4x4 or 5x5grid with the maze entrance in one corner and the cheese space in the opposite. Instead of desert tiles, one side would have a shock pad that makes the mouse move back one space, or a food pellet that lets him move forward one space.

In addition to moving a mouse, placing a tile, or the betting actions, players can place up to 2 walls in the maze, or move 1 previously placed wall. Walls can never be placed so a mouse is completely blocked from reaching the goal of the cheese space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rebecca
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I want to believe. -- FOX MULDER
badge
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. --DANA SCULLY
mbmbmbmbmb
1) surviving the zombie apocalypse / build your prepper stock.

2) sheep. Because sheep are funny. And awesome.

3) dirk diggler.

4) buckaroo banzai.

5) weasel BBQ.

Ok, I'm really not kidding on any of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
toasterpastry wrote:

3) dirk diggler.

4) buckaroo banzai.

5) weasel BBQ.

1) No.

2) Yes!

3) Why?

4) How?

5) Obvi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rebecca
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I want to believe. -- FOX MULDER
badge
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. --DANA SCULLY
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
toasterpastry wrote:

3) dirk diggler.

4) buckaroo banzai.

5) weasel BBQ.

1) No.

2) Yes!

3) Why?

4) How?

5) Obvi

Darn it. I just had answers written and my iPad ate them.

1) ok

3) possibly inappropriate theme based on 90s pseudo-retro adult movie star seemed funny at the time. Not so much for kids or the easily offended. Probably better to go with sheep or weasel BBQ for crowds.

4) so much fodder. Blue Blaze Irregulars race to stop the Red Lectroids before the Black Lectroids are forced to use Earth as a pawn to stop them. Pyramid could be Yoyodyne, an oscillation overthruster, or a watermelon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.