Subject: Solo time to beat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Barringer
United States
Merrimack
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I've been playing solo for a couple of months now and my times have come down quite a bit. (No dumps allowed.) First time I played was over 33 minutes, and for a long time a game under 28 minutes was great. Then I seemed to get the hang of it better and now my times are typically under 25 minutes, with a record of 18:52 (and two other games under 20m, so it wasn't entirely a fluke...)

What kinds of times do other people get? Am I getting good or just fooling myself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you're doing really well! I don't time myself, strictly speaking, but I am pretty sure I take significantly longer than that. Do you ever take pictures of your finished puzzles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Barringer
United States
Merrimack
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I don't usually, but I did today -- I set a new record and am feeling pretty good about it.

My times have continued to get better since I started this thread. My record is now 15 minutes flat, one of only two games I have ever played under 16 minutes. Under 18 minutes is very rare still; my typical time now is between 18-19 minutes unless I get distracted or am very tired when I play.

Yes, all 144 tiles are there; and yes, I've verified all the questionable words with scrabblefinder.

I have not had a chance to test these new skills on anyone -- I can't get to the local gaming group very often anymore and when I get there there are only a few who are ever interested in Bananagrams. But considering that I won a few games with them when my *best* solo scores were in the 25-30 minute range I think I might beat them pretty handily now. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.