Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Kremlin» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement deck arrived rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today, the pack of red-text cards.

Thanks JRG!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What are them exactly good for? I've found nothing about them in the rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find anything in the rules about them either (might have just missed them) - however, red-text cards when played stay in play. All the others are used and discarded. I found that out via the KS comments from people that had played the original.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Got mine today, the pack of red-text cards.

Thanks JRG!

KSer or Retail ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KSer
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
KSer

OK. It looks like the US guys are getting theirs so hopefully the overseas ones aren't too far away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
United States
Hillsboro
Or
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a pack of Kremlin cards in the mail a couple of days ago, but I almost didn't accept them. Why? because there wasn't enough postage on the envelope and I had to go to the post office to pick it up and cover the difference. On top of that, there was no return address and thus I had no idea what the small envelope contained nor whom it was from. I gambled, paid the $1.60 difference or so and found out they were a small pack of the red ink cards. Oh well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not every post office staff or sorting office/center is trained the same way - so some use old postage rules, some use new. Having sent thousands of packages per year, every so often one would get flagged as not enough postage, because the receiving office didn't update their staff's knowledge base after a large USPS rate / package classification change in 2009 and then again a few years later.

The actual rates are what Jim used, but due to reasons of poor training, ignorance, stubbornness, etc., your office just isn't up to speed with 2014 rules and regs. Having "helped" retrain several post offices via pressure from their PM General and regional managers, I can tell you that this does happen yet.

Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.


frienetic wrote:
I got a pack of Kremlin cards in the mail a couple of days ago, but I almost didn't accept them. Why? because there wasn't enough postage on the envelope and I had to go to the post office to pick it up and cover the difference. On top of that, there was no return address and thus I had no idea what the small envelope contained nor whom it was from. I gambled, paid the $1.60 difference or so and found out they were a small pack of the red ink cards. Oh well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.

Thanks for that, I'm sure he feels much better now, no fault all round ... oh wait, these cards were meant to be in the box when it was originally paid for and sent out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I read the previous poster's words correctly, he was posting, because he had to pay some postage due on the replacement cards.

Maybe your post is intended to illustrate a more subtle point of the poster's words, and if so, please elaborate.

BeerAndBoard wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.

Thanks for that, I'm sure he feels much better now, no fault all round ... oh wait, these cards were meant to be in the box when it was originally paid for and sent out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are trying to be very clever or are just missing the underlying point - the poster should not have to pay again for a game he has already paid for.
Jim may not have been at fault for any alleged error made by the Post Office but he is at fault for not supplying the product he was paid for.

darthhugo wrote:
If I read the previous poster's words correctly, he was posting, because he had to pay some postage due on the replacement cards.

Maybe your post is intended to illustrate a more subtle point of the poster's words, and if so, please elaborate.

BeerAndBoard wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.

Thanks for that, I'm sure he feels much better now, no fault all round ... oh wait, these cards were meant to be in the box when it was originally paid for and sent out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, but JB hasn't had to pay anything extra to get the replacement deck. The error of the post office is an event that one would have to stretch rather far to blame the publisher. Then, that doesn't mean some won't try to stretch.

BeerAndBoard wrote:
I think you are trying to be very clever or are just missing the underlying point - the poster should not have to pay again for a game he has already paid for.
Jim may not have been at fault for any alleged error made by the Post Office but he is at fault for not supplying the product he was paid for.

darthhugo wrote:
If I read the previous poster's words correctly, he was posting, because he had to pay some postage due on the replacement cards.

Maybe your post is intended to illustrate a more subtle point of the poster's words, and if so, please elaborate.

BeerAndBoard wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.

Thanks for that, I'm sure he feels much better now, no fault all round ... oh wait, these cards were meant to be in the box when it was originally paid for and sent out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're obviously a mate of Jim's looking after your friend - nothing wrong with that, BUT you asked me to elaborate and then you totally ignored what I said.
Jim did not provide what was paid for originally, and the end result is that the buyer - for what ever reason, but still no fault of his - has had to pay extra.

No one is saying anything more and this is not an attck on JR, it's a shot at you for your silly attempt at trying to blame the Post Office for a situation that should not have happened to start with.
Or maybe you just have a beef with the PO and saw this as a good opportunity to have a shot at them kiss.

darthhugo wrote:
Ah, but JB hasn't had to pay anything extra to get the replacement deck. The error of the post office is an event that one would have to stretch rather far to blame the publisher. Then, that doesn't mean some won't try to stretch.

BeerAndBoard wrote:
I think you are trying to be very clever or are just missing the underlying point - the poster should not have to pay again for a game he has already paid for.
Jim may not have been at fault for any alleged error made by the Post Office but he is at fault for not supplying the product he was paid for.

darthhugo wrote:
If I read the previous poster's words correctly, he was posting, because he had to pay some postage due on the replacement cards.

Maybe your post is intended to illustrate a more subtle point of the poster's words, and if so, please elaborate.

BeerAndBoard wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.

Thanks for that, I'm sure he feels much better now, no fault all round ... oh wait, these cards were meant to be in the box when it was originally paid for and sent out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, wrong on all counts.

Don't know Jim.

Buyer had to pay extra to the post office. Difference in degrees here.

I love the USPS system, except when they cause me an issue, and then I work hard to have them correct it.


There really isn't anything more to add to this discussion, so dasvidaniya.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Unfortunately, wrong on all counts.

Don't know Jim.

Buyer had to pay extra to the post office. Difference in degrees here.

I love the USPS system, except when they cause me an issue, and then I work hard to have them correct it.


There really isn't anything more to add to this discussion, so dasvidaniya.

Leaving without, again, answering the point you asked me to elaborate on .... go on, no point drawing it out any longer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
United States
Hillsboro
Or
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should have figured it was likely a post office error. I was quite confused when I saw the small envelope because I too recently sent something out of similar weight and size and don't remember postage beings as much. Plus, I also figure it must have been an error on my end because it looks like I'm the only one that this has been an issue for. Still an annoying experience and thanks for pointing out flaws in the post office system. I'll try to look our for them in the future.

darthhugo wrote:
Not every post office staff or sorting office/center is trained the same way - so some use old postage rules, some use new. Having sent thousands of packages per year, every so often one would get flagged as not enough postage, because the receiving office didn't update their staff's knowledge base after a large USPS rate / package classification change in 2009 and then again a few years later.

The actual rates are what Jim used, but due to reasons of poor training, ignorance, stubbornness, etc., your office just isn't up to speed with 2014 rules and regs. Having "helped" retrain several post offices via pressure from their PM General and regional managers, I can tell you that this does happen yet.

Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.


frienetic wrote:
I got a pack of Kremlin cards in the mail a couple of days ago, but I almost didn't accept them. Why? because there wasn't enough postage on the envelope and I had to go to the post office to pick it up and cover the difference. On top of that, there was no return address and thus I had no idea what the small envelope contained nor whom it was from. I gambled, paid the $1.60 difference or so and found out they were a small pack of the red ink cards. Oh well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that it still isn't easy for you, because you are not responsible for the post office error, but yet have to pay for it. I have dealt with this exact issue as a business owner mailing items that were sometimes misclassified as a parcel, rather than a non-machineable letter.

In fairness to the postal worker, the major changes over the past few years were drastic and some just stuck to their old ways of doing things. Having spent many hours reaching out the appropriate management structures within the USPS (all very professional when made aware of the error), I understand the frustration. I always contact my customers directly to apologize and refund the difference, because they were frustrated by the error - which again looked like my company's fault, but in reality was the postal service.

When it happens now, albeit much more infrequently, say one every 750 items, I still get irritated that I have to trek out again to teach a lesson. I still do it, because it is the only way that things will change.

Congrats on your understanding and proper placement of frustration. It is so easy to blame the wrong party these days... well, it always has been... but much easier with today's immediate game of pile on the scape goat.

frienetic wrote:
I guess I should have figured it was likely a post office error. I was quite confused when I saw the small envelope because I too recently sent something out of similar weight and size and don't remember postage beings as much. Plus, I also figure it must have been an error on my end because it looks like I'm the only one that this has been an issue for. Still an annoying experience and thanks for pointing out flaws in the post office system. I'll try to look our for them in the future.

darthhugo wrote:
Not every post office staff or sorting office/center is trained the same way - so some use old postage rules, some use new. Having sent thousands of packages per year, every so often one would get flagged as not enough postage, because the receiving office didn't update their staff's knowledge base after a large USPS rate / package classification change in 2009 and then again a few years later.

The actual rates are what Jim used, but due to reasons of poor training, ignorance, stubbornness, etc., your office just isn't up to speed with 2014 rules and regs. Having "helped" retrain several post offices via pressure from their PM General and regional managers, I can tell you that this does happen yet.

Therefore, it isn't Jim's fault, because your post office classified it as a parcel instead of a non-machineable first class letter.


frienetic wrote:
I got a pack of Kremlin cards in the mail a couple of days ago, but I almost didn't accept them. Why? because there wasn't enough postage on the envelope and I had to go to the post office to pick it up and cover the difference. On top of that, there was no return address and thus I had no idea what the small envelope contained nor whom it was from. I gambled, paid the $1.60 difference or so and found out they were a small pack of the red ink cards. Oh well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any KSer outside of Nth America received their replacement 'red text' intrigue cards yet ?
Our KS group are having the postal system blamed (the UK Royal Mail even though are extremely reliable) by JRG so I would like to know if anyone has actually received these replacement cards that were apparently posted out many weeks ago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.