Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i asked this in another post but it seems lost cry

I think this card should affect A LOT of cars, but it does not seem so...

At most 5 cars are going to be affected? (Originator, 1 car behind, 1 in front and 1 in each side)... Corners can be tricky, since a car entering it can have 2 cars adjacent in front...

How many cars are really affected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't think 5 is a lot of cars?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:

I was actually thinking that I have seen a lot more cars crash in Nascar races...

But if thats how the card works, great!

But then, in corners a car entering (or leaving) is adjacent to 2 cars in front (or back)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hav0k wrote:
3wgames wrote:

I was actually thinking that I have seen a lot more cars crash in Nascar races...

But then, in corners a car entering (or leaving) is adjacent to 2 cars in front (or back)?

Yes it is adjacent to 2 cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hav0k wrote:
3wgames wrote:

Actual NASCAR races have around 40 cars in the field, so the scale is probably about right on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
Hav0k wrote:
3wgames wrote:

Actual NASCAR races have around 40 cars in the field, so the scale is probably about right on.

Luckily, since the card says the "may" take 2 red, I don't know how it would ever affect anything!

Also, to confirm, adjacent mean orthogonally adjacent? Not diagnally?

Also, to confirm, "only one car would be affected per player." Who picks?

We read this card 8 times (including all grammar errors) and still aren't sure we've figured it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:

Luckily, since the card says the "may" take 2 red, I don't know how it would ever affect anything!

We read this card 8 times (including all grammar errors) and still aren't sure we've figured it out.

May was explained elsewhere. It is not an option it was used to mean that not every car is guaranteed to get a token since a player with more than 1 car involved will still only have 1 car affected. But indeed each player involved WILL have 1 car affected.

Yes, cars adjacent in different lanes and in front or behind (this may encompass multiple lanes if at a corner split)

The player controlling the affected team picks.

As I have mentioned before I indeed have a strange syntax to my written word. I recognize it and I am trying to moderate it. The issue is that often for proofers the words make sense though the meaning is not what I intend. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
pusherman42 wrote:

May was explained elsewhere. It is not an option it was used to mean that not every car is guaranteed to get a token since a player with more than 1 car involved will still only have 1 car affected. But indeed each player involved WILL have 1 car affected.

Yes, cars adjacent in different lanes and in front or behind (this may encompass multiple lanes if at a corner split)

As I have mentioned before I indeed have a strange syntax to my written word. I recognize it and I am trying to moderate it. The issue is that often for proofers the words make sense though the meaning is not what I intend. Sorry.

Nah, it's all good! Thanks for confirming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This card came up in a two player game and confused us a little for some of the reasons above. It came out towards the end of the final lap, and we each had three cars in a line, and the groups were separate. We both intepreted the event to mean that we had to choose which one of the three cards we had left had crashed and that they had figuratively crashed into one of their own team cars to boot, as none of our cars were adjacent to an opponents car.

This seemed a suitable way to treat the card but it left us wondering! It was a little disappointing to look up the card in the manual but for it to give only the card text for it, the same text that gave us problems!

Still, we had a fun time and scored 221-240ish in the end with our fleet of broken cars limping past the finish line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would have indeed selected one of your cars to be the originator. But that would be the only car affected as no player can have more than one car affected by the card. So you can look at it as being nudged into the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
pusherman42 wrote:

After reading the card, and reading the explanation, I still am not sure of how this works. So, in this specific example, who gets precisely how much damage.

Outside lane: in order front to back, Red Car A, Green Car B, Blue Car C,
Inside lane, front to back, lined up adjacent to the outside row, Black Car D, Green Car E, Red Car F. Affected car is Green car B.

Visually

aBc
def

B is the car directly affected by the card, e is his teammate.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corsair wrote:

After reading the card, and reading the explanation, I still am not sure of how this works. So, in this specific example, who gets precisely how much damage.

Outside lane: in order front to back, Red Car A, Green Car B, Blue Car C,
Inside lane, front to back, lined up adjacent to the outside row, Black Car D, Green Car E, Red Car F. Affected car is Green car B.

Visually

aBc
def

B is the car directly affected by the card, e is his teammate.

Thanks in advance.

B takes 2 Red body damage and frees its teammate E from any damage. Red A and Blue C also take 2 Red body damage. Black D and Red F are not adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! That makes how to apply the card clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.