Defenders of the Realm: Hero Expansion #3» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thief Scouting Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
If the Thief is in Monarch City or an Inn and draws an extra hero card that happens to be a Special purple card, does that count as a wound? If not, does that therefore mean the Thief can freely draw extra hero cards when in Monarch City or an Inn without fear of wounds?

Secondly, if the thief takes advantage of scouting and draws an extra hero card that happens to match the color of her location:

1. Does she only take 1 wound for that particular card (and any other extra cards that matched her location color)?

2. Or would she also have to take additional wounds if any of the 2 hero cards she drew as part of her normal end of turn draw also matched her location color?

I'm 99% sure that the answer is (1) but I wanted to be sure about it.

Finally, when exactly does this extra draw occur relative to the regular draw and relative to the point in time when the player has to check if his hand size exceeds the limit of 10 hero cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I will also try and answer these questions:

If the Thief is in Monarch City or an Inn and draws an extra hero card that happens to be a Special purple card, does that count as a wound?

Yes, the Thief suffers a wound.

Secondly, if the thief takes advantage of scouting and draws an extra hero card that happens to match the color of her location:

1. Does she only take 1 wound for that particular card (and any other extra cards that matched her location color)?

Yes she suffers a wound for the card that matches the color of her location.

2. Or would she also have to take additional wounds if any of the 2 hero cards she drew as part of her normal end of turn draw also matched her location color?

She only suffers for the extra cards she draws, and if there are multiple locations that could let her draw more than 1 extra card (because of a Generals or minions present)the player can decide to stop scouting after any draw or continue.

Finally, when exactly does this extra draw occur relative to the regular draw and relative to the point in time when the player has to check if his hand size exceeds the limit of 10 hero cards?

She draws them them after her normal 2 cards at the end of her turn. She can draw in excess of 10, then discard down to 10 afterward.

Thanks for playing and I hope you enjoy the game.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Richard Launius wrote:

I will also try and answer these questions:

If the Thief is in Monarch City or an Inn and draws an extra hero card that happens to be a Special purple card, does that count as a wound?

Yes, the Thief suffers a wound.

Yes she suffers a wound for the card that matches the color of her location.

She only suffers for the extra cards she draws, and if there are multiple locations that could let her draw more than 1 extra card (because of a Generals or minions present)the player can decide to stop scouting after any draw or continue.

She draws them them after her normal 2 cards at the end of her turn. She can draw in excess of 10, then discard down to 10 afterward.

Thanks for playing and I hope you enjoy the game.

Richard

Richard,

I know many of us say this to the point where it almost doesn't sound real anymore. But I can't help myself. Your support of this game here on the forums and everything you put into the design is what keeps me coming back for more...and more. You are the A#1 designer in my book. I can't thank you enough for all the hours of enjoyment and what's yet to come!

Larry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.