Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb

Would his ability work for the first time, when he's encountered? - giving the character 1 energy less work with? Or does it only apply for a situation, when this encounter is undefeated and there is an encounter marker on board for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonja Reznikov
Canada
North York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are within one space of him, you receive -1 Mana/energy.
Lets say I am also within one space of him and watching you make play your turn, as you receive -1 Mana/energy, I get the same -1 effect.

If next turn he is still around and undefeated and we are within one space of him we both get same card effect.

so its best to kill him unless you are going player vs player which in that case I have used his special ability against my enemy character (it impacted me as well but i was able to finish off my female orc enemy character-thanks to Hunted Servitor).

Sonja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if that answered my question. The question was, whether the encounter card is actually placed on hero's location the first time (and thus can work), or does it land there only after unsuccessful battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonja Reznikov
Canada
North York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes if the hero can not defeat this encounter, normal rules for undefeated encounter applies-just like any other undefeated encounter. the card goes to the undefeated encounter track and the marker goes on the area where the battle took place. (You treat this just like any other undefeated encounter).
The encounter card text applies to any/all hero-characters within one space during combat round and if this encounter survives the battle the card is moved on to the undefeated encounter track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
That STILL doesn't answer the question :) Please read it carefully. If the encounter is an enemy, you have to immediately attack it. This means, that - technically - it does not have any space on the board assigned yet, and thus this renders his power not working. The question is whether we should treat the card as if it was already there on the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
We treat it as yes, as when you draw the card I would think it is immediately placed on your space before encountering it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.