Subject: End of attack phase triggers timing.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keebler Powell
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Do all "end of the attack phase" triggered abilities resolve prior to damage being cleared? (IE Black Widow natural).

If this is true how would Phoenix work?

Jeannie
Cost: 7
Bolt
X-Men
At the end of the attack step, each character still engaged with Phoenix deals damage equal to its attack to your opponent. Knock out those characters.

Does this mean a character has to survive the attack against Jeannie in order for her ability to trigger or can I use the ability prior to damage killing the character with which she is engaged?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assign Damage is part of the Attack Step. So that resolves before any "end of attack step" abilities. I would think this means her ability only triggers if someone is engaged with her and survived the attack step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "end of the attack phase" is at the end after everything that would happen normally happens. In other words, if anyone was KO'd, they would not still be engaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that is the case it does lessen this cards value. It will only work if she is blocking dice strong enough to survive her, and that is not many.

We were playing it that if you engage her it triggers as long as you're not removed from combat by the end of the phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keebler Powell
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
If that is the case it does lessen this cards value. It will only work if she is blocking dice strong enough to survive her, and that is not many.

We were playing it that if you engage her it triggers as long as you're not removed from combat by the end of the phase.

And that is why I proposed the question.

I still like her. Just not as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fist global on Smash is a good thing to have with Jeannie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
DFW Area
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

If she is blocked by more than one character can't you assign all th damage to one to have the other(s) live and trigger her effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keebler Powell
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
treebeardtheent wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

If she is blocked by more than one character can't you assign all th damage to one to have the other(s) live and trigger her effect?

Yes. But then your counting on your opponent to block with 2 characters that won't kill her... Unless she has been targeted by thrown car I don't see why your opponent would do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.