Popular Tags: [View All]
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

I'm running a campaign of this at our next Board Game Association meeting and was wondering what the mind points are used for?

Is it used in an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of chaos spells, and maybe a few other specific things that impact mind points. Most of the time they are not used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just for fun, I'd have the characters use mind points to read some ruins or discover a secret passage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Houserules:

Intelligence - Smart
Use this optional rule whenever no special treasure is found and you follow the normal rules for drawing a treasure card. Before drawing the card, perform a Mind test. A success means you can now draw two cards, discard one, keep the other. If the Mind test is failed then no treasure card is drawn!

Intelligence - Guile
A Hero might wish to try some cunning tricks against his foes. Beware, because any failure will deliver a serious blow to morale... (You cannot use Guile when you have only one Mind point left.)
- Any Hero may do a Mind test to reroll any ONE regular dice. Lose one Mind point and do NOT reroll the dice when the Mind test fails.
- Any Hero may do a Mind test to force an opponent in close combat with him to reroll ONE attack Skulldice. Lose one Mind point and do NOT reroll the dice when the Mind test fails.

Intelligence - Mind Tests
Whenever an Intelligence Test is required for a Hero, you should roll 1D6. A result lower than the current Mind points of the Hero is considered a success. When the roll is equal to or higher than the current Mind points, then the Intelligence Test has failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, great houserule ideas from Toco and others.

Incidentally, lately I have been thinking of similar variants to better utilize body points and mind points, and to also introduce another attribute that I am currently calling agility points.

Instead of hijacking this thread, I will open a new variant thread for those interested. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

For now I'll stick to what is in the current rules but if I do another campaign, I'll look to adding these variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I did my re-write, I added several spells/items/abilites, etc, that used MPs. They came in more and more as the campaign progressed. By the time we finished, MPs where as important as BPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.