Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: More colored bases coming out - but not specifically for STAW (yet?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see information about more colored bases coming out - but for D&D AW. However, it certainly looks like these bases are going to be the same between D&D AW and STAW. There are more base types in D&D AW, but the key thing: they have more LARGE bases. So this is a chance to get large bases for the tactical cube in other colors.

There's the same 4: red, blue, purple, and green. However, there are ALSO going to be BLACK and YELLOW. So woo hoo! The actual link to the solicits does not work, but you can see a generic picture of the different bases here:
http://www.universaldist.com/p-132461-dampd-attack-wing-blac...

They will also have D&D maneuver templates for sale by themselves. That means Attack Wing might get the same thing - or if the maneuver templates are the same...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That might be a question for Andrew Parks or Chris Guild: are the bases and templates the same for both Attack Wing games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If for some reason they turn out to be different, don't forget you can get new color bases using my DIY Alternate Color Bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
If for some reason they turn out to be different, don't forget you can get new color bases using my DIY Alternate Color Bases.

Well yes, but now you can possibly have both I'm mostly intrigued by the large bases - a lot easier than going over a big base with a lot of sharpie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know X-Wing isn't, which I understand, but I'd bet money that these bases would be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Inglis
Australia
Springfield Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the base set comes in 6 different colours. Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow and Black.

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Misc-DD-AW-Ba...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the MSRP, I'm going to pass on these. I like to fly fleets of 3 ships most of the time so I'd need to get 2 sets of a single color and I'm paying for the big bases and the connectors which I will probably never use. Okay I can use one for the Cube, but that's it. I might try that DIY solution though. I mean, surprisingly I have a mountain of bases that are still sitting in their pouches so its not like I lack in the test subject department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I'm not familiar with the D&D version, so this might be a dumb question, but what's the connectors they refer to on that page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The D&D figures apparently can be used as miniatures for actual D&D, so they connect weirdly to these bases. I think the connectors are involved in that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.