9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Please 'Name my game'!! and other help needed. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nara-Beth Bonfiglio
msg tools
Hi there,

I posted a thread a week ago describing the game I currently have in the design process. Thankyou for your suggestions.

Here's a little bit about my game:

This is a board game specifically designed to help fussy eaters start being more familiar with food and having fun with food.

This design has been inspired by the game board trivial pursuit, however instead of the wagon wheel shape the board will be designed as a small town with shops at each intersection. The aim of the game is to move the shopping basket in either direction with the aim of collecting food items once challenges are completed at each shop.

I need your inspiration with two things.
a) Naming the game
b) Coming up with small challenges related to food that upon completion will earn themselves a food item in the basket.

Let the board game geek brains overfloeth!......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this primarily a children's game? Would the prospective buyers be english-speaking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nara-Beth Bonfiglio
msg tools
Hi, yes it is a childrens game. Aimed at ages 3-7 for fussy eaters predominately. English speaking yes but this can be translated into other languages in the future if popular enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nara-Beth Bonfiglio
msg tools
Just to update, here are the current challenges that i have put together:

1. Say ‘munch a bunch of crunchy carrot sticks’ 3 times fast.
2. Chef: today you become top chef of the house, choose any ‘ORANGE’ food item and help prepare it for yourself. Make sure you always taste along the way!
Suggestions: sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, red lentils, oranges.
3. Chef: today you become top chef of the house, choose any ‘GREEN’ food item and help prepare it for yourself. Make sure you always taste along the way!
Suggestions: beans, peas, broccoli, spinach, kiwifruit, apple.
4. Chef: today you become top chef of the house, choose any ‘YELLOW’ food item and help prepare it for yourself. Make sure you always taste along the way!
Suggestions: Corn, capsicum, banana, cheese, pineapple, lemon
5. Chef: today you become top chef of the house, choose any ‘RED’ food item and help prepare it for yourself. Make sure you always taste along the way!
Suggestions: capsicum, apple, strawberries, tomatoes, watermelon, cherries
6. Chef: today you become top chef of the house, choose any ‘PURPLE’ food item and help prepare it for yourself. Make sure you always taste along the way!
Suggestions: eggplant, carrots, cabbage, figs, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, plums.
7. Chef: today you become top chef of the house, choose any ‘BEIGE’ food item and help prepare it for yourself. Make sure you always taste along the way!
Suggestions: pasta, potatoes, wholemeal bread, mushrooms, cauliflower, onion, white beans (butter beans, haricot)
8. Shop out! Today we are going shopping. I’ll give you 3 items on the shopping list, either draw or write these items down to carry with you as your own list. Find all 3 to collect your food token.
9. Lucky Find: with your eyes closed or blindfolded. Select an item from the lucky dip bag. This will be served up any way you wish and must be tried to collect a piece.
10. Blind tasting: with your eyes closed or blindfolded. You will be given a taste of 3 different fruits, identify or familiarise yourself with these tastes to collect your food token.
11. Blind tasting: with your eyes closed or blindfolded. You will be given a taste 3 different vegetables, identify or familiarise yourself with these tastes to collect your food token.
12. Using any fruit and vegetable in the kitchen, create a plate of art! This can be a face, favourite character or object created entirely out of food. Feel free to eat your art afterwards!
13. Spell your name with a grain! Using any grain from the cupboard shape into letters that make up your name.
14. Smell, kiss, lick, nibble: Mum or dad will choose a ‘new’ food and prepare it for tasting. You must smell, kiss, lick then nibble to collect a food token.
15. Cook book challenge, choose any recipe, either on the internet or from cookbooks. Select a picture that you think looks delicious and you will help prepare it for a night of your choice.
16. You’ll be given a number of different foods (eg: 2 veg, 2 fruit) you must choose just one of these foods to eat. The whole lot needs to be eaten by the end of the day to collect a token.
17. Sink or float: choose 3 vegetables, guess if you think each vegetable will sink in a basin full of water or float. 3 correct guesses will win a food token.
18. Sink or float: choose 3 fruits, guess if you think each fruit will sink in a basin full of water or float. 3 correct guesses will win a food token.
19. Carrot munch challenge. Challenge mum and dad to a carrot eating competition. Choose any carrot, peel, trim and chop if desired. If you eat yours first you will win a food token.

Would love to have more suggestions, the more that i have the less likely the game will get boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe a challenge related to how a food is usually portioned when bought, when handled

how bought,handled and served?

salt; bought by the pound, measured for recipes by teaspoons, sprinkled on plated foods?

banana; bought by the bunch, peeled and eaten by the each or sliced onto cereal?

Above, on or under ground?

potatoes, peanuts, carrots - underground

plums, apples, sunflower seeds - above ground

melons, squash, strawberries - on the ground

that's all I can think of now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nara-Beth Bonfiglio
msg tools
Thankyou, that gives me food for thought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what part of the body it's supposedly good for? carrots=eyes, milk/cheese=bones, oats=heart, gelatin=hair/fingernails , etc.

how prepared? Boiled, toasted, grilled, baked, raw, etc.

Things you can eat with your fingers? Fried Chicken, apple, popsicle, ice cream cone, popcorn, etc.

Different ways to put food in your mouth? Straw, chopsticks, spoon, fork, toothpick, fingers, lick, bite?

Foods you peel? Foods you refrigerate? Foods you freeze? Foods/leftovers good for pets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Market Master
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top Chef

Master Chef

Kitchen Master

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.