Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the D Day expansion rules, the grappling hooks allow you to "enter the cliff space". It makes specific mention that you cannot use your shoot on the move special ability. However, if you are stopped on the cliff space (on a subsequent turn) because a grapple exists, can you fire? The rules seem to say yes and my intuition says no.

This has significant impact towards how you approach the first D Day scenario. Playing this as "yes you can fire from a cliff space" my flame thrower squads were able to camp on the cliff spaces adjacent to the building housing the objective and spew flames upon the helpless Germans inside. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a trick here.
I cant remember if its a card or "heroic" but i did manage to flame the bunker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot use the special hability "shoot on the move" but you still can shoot from a cliff/grapneĺ space. That means you need two activations (using an heroic token for example) or the "burst into action" card to move and shoot in the same turn.
You can move in this space during the supply phase and shoot during the next turn activation phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamers automatically have move and attack (with the -1) right? I know they can't use grapnels the same turn they do that, but can't they just go up against the cliff face and flame into the window/opening from the bottom since both are adjacent to the red line?

I know it’s not realistic, but I didn’t see LOS/elevation rules issues with that. Unless I missed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When entering the cliff/grapneĺ space you need to end your movement (blue arrow with a cross icone). Then when crossing the red Line at the edge of the cliff you need to end your movement again. If you're then able to shoot, yes, you can do it. Nothing prevent you to use the Special hability "shoot on the move" when crossing the red Line.
You also can shoot from the cliff/grapneĺ space the next turn if your flamer doesn't move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci Clem.

But can you clarify, that there's nothing wrong with just moving adjacent to the red cliff face line and shooting into the window of the bunker from there on the other side of the red line adjacent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

OK

Not OK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! thanks!! Love the flamers for this scenario!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.