Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
I know it says how many cards on the bgg page, so I guess what I'm asking is if the 550 figure includes any outsized or divider cards or anything. Sleeves aren't easy to get here so I can only get ultra pros premium in packs of 500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Villains has something like 513 or 517. It is more than 500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're short on money you could order 500 and not sleeve 17 cards. These could be cards you never use, like 8 bindings (you still have 22 sleeved ones left) and 9 bystanders (you still have 33 sleeved ones left). In my experience with the base game, the game comes with too many of these cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
That's a good idea, didnt remember all the basic junk cards deck builders have. I'll do that and import 50 sleeves cheap in the future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Also if you already have the base set, there isn't a lot of need to the starter shields and starter hydra since they are the same (unless a specific scenario is in play.

Also, Martha Hill is rarely bought and I haven't seen a single game where I needed 30 copies of her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unsleeve all the extra Maria Hills. I think I'm going to do that, don't know why I never though of it before. I think I've used maybe 10 max in a single game before.

Wounds and Bystanders though, we regularly finish those decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Found some relatively reasonably priced Fantasy Flight silver sleeves on EBay UK. These would cost you basically £22 plus shipping to sleeve all the cards.

In general this is going to be a pretty pricey game to sleeve simply because it has so many cards. However I don't recommend cutting corners and using cheap sleeves. I tried the Mayday penny sleeves on the original and after one session ended up having to resleeve the entire game after about 20 sleeves fell apart. The sleeves because of all the shuffling take a lot of stress. So it's worth spending a few extra bucks to get the higher quality sleeves be that Fantasy Flight for me or whatever brand you prefer.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fantasy-Flight-Standard-Card-Game-Sleeves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't really need to sleeve: Masterminds, Maria Hill, or Schemes. Those are cards that don't really receive heavy touches. Personally I like to have everything sleeved, but I have found that those cards aren't in heavy rotation, so to speak.

The only thing I would caution over not sleeving Maria Hill is that Nick Fury does utilize her and if she does get into player's decks she won't be sleeved thus letting everyone know what's coming up next. Maria is a playable card, albeit not heavily depending on who is playing (hey look, if there aint nothing to recruit I'll still get a Maria - no shame ), but playable none the less and your game will always run the risk of recruiting her.

(The below numbers reflect base + 3 expansions + villains)
Heroes: 24 Scheme Cards
Heroes: 65 Mastermind Cards
Heroes: 30 Maria Hills
Villains: 8 Plot Cards (schemes)
Villains: 20 Mastermind Cards

That's 147 cards you don't really need to sleeve. Take out Maria Hill and that's still 117 you aren't sleeving. I used Ultra Pro White's with all of my cards and I'm, roughly, sitting on 1600 sleeved cards (a tad bit less than 1600).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Myshhrall
msg tools
mbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Martha Hill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Euloque wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Martha Hill

Mistakes, they happen. I think misnaming her is rather appropriate given that she's a little used card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably should keep all your bystanders sleeved, because you suppose to shuffle them before the game starts. Because of the unique bystanders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure not to sleeve your Masterminds/Commanders and their Tactic cards or your Scheme/Plot cards. None of those get shuffled into decks at any time. Saves you 28 sleeves in the Villains set, which will bring you below that magic 500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.