Subject: Home made Crystals ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Γεώργιος Λοβέρδος
Greece
Άγιος Δημήτριος
Αττική
flag msg tools
I saw this Video on Youtube and immediately had this crazy idea to make some crystals for Mage Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCS1DvORug

I think the Crystals look beautiful and shouldn't take much to make a few.
It shouldn't be very expansive, but I am not sure if you can get all the colours for the crystals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want crystals, like the ones in Niagara - they're the only things that feel cheap in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Γεώργιος Λοβέρδος
Greece
Άγιος Δημήτριος
Αττική
flag msg tools
They do look quite nice actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't feel nice though.

Looking to buy some cheap ones from China - keywords: acrylic, confetti, diamonds. Seems like you can buy 1000 of them, in one color, for 1$ (shipping included).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
I want crystals, like the ones in Niagara - they're the only things that feel cheap in this game.

just to speed up the visual aspect..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was done not too long ago. One of the BGG users ordered a bunch that look like the above picture. I ordered a set from him and I'm very happy. My only (minor) complaint is that the green is a little light.

Thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1125610/found-very-nice-acry...

Picture (mine):

Oddly enough, the green shows up better in the picture than in real life. If you look through the light shining through the green crystals (like the ones along the right side), you can see how the color lightens up.

Anyway, another option to pursue. In my opinion, these are a major improvement, especially from the cloudy/murky ones from The Lost Legion expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vexi
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cush1978 wrote:
My only (minor) complaint is that the green is a little light.

The 10mm darker green gems seem to be out of stock in most shops. I luckily got them from my local game store, Fantasiapelit, here in Finland. They still have them in stock. However, if you would like to make your set perfect, you could also get a game called Escape: The Curse of the Temple. It's not that bad game either, atleast if you like quick 10 min dungeon crawler. It has 25 gems of exactly the same shape and size as the ones you have, in darker green color. They are also exactly the same as the ones I bought from Fantasiapelit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompe wrote:
Cush1978 wrote:

The 10mm darker green gems seem to be out of stock in most shops. I luckily got them from my local game store, Fantasiapelit, here in Finland. They still have them in stock. However, if you would like to make your set perfect, you could also get a game called Escape: The Curse of the Temple. It's not that bad game either, atleast if you like quick 10 min dungeon crawler. It has 25 gems of exactly the same shape and size as the ones you have, in darker green color. They are also exactly the same as the ones I bought from Fantasiapelit.

Hah, I actually considered doing this (well, backing a Kickstarter for Curse of the Temple) for exactly this reason. Luckily for my wallet, sanity prevailed =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pshaw. I'm planning to go to my local lapidary and buy real crystals.

Seriously though, the stock pieces disappointed me and I'll probably end up checking a local craft store for beads or rocks or something for use in this game and several others (e.g., some red stones for wound counters in Summoner Wars).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompe wrote:
Cush1978 wrote:

Very neat. Yes, I did consider Escape, but I can't get enough people in my gaming group to play Space Alert (hey, another Vlaada game!) which I love, so I figured Escape would gather dust.

Aren't you the same guy who stores his tiles in that round CD case? You got a link where one can get one of those? My storage solution still has the tiles loose in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.