Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Hickman
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
So I think I know the answer to this, but hoping we're just missing something.

We drew an ongoing condition (Depressing Fog) that stipulates explorers are no longer able to "Restore Essence" and we were all under 2 essence at the time of drawing it. Naturally this means the only way to light the chapter is via the event cards. We had 4 tiles out and explored all the Event Spaces on all of the tiles and were not able to draw an event card that stipulated that we could light the chapter.

Is our only recourse to continue exploring new tiles via scrolling, fighting monsters and drawing Explorer Events until we're able to light the chapter and activate it with Stamina?

At the point this all happened we had something like 9 Ongoing effects in play making it very difficult to continue so I'm hoping there is some other option aside from hopping tile to tile trying to find a chapter light event.

Also, related to the event deck, was I meant to shuffle in the unmarked event cards along with the (1) cards(I'm playing Scenario 1)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevyn James
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killermarmot wrote:

Also, related to the event deck, was I meant to shuffle in the unmarked event cards along with the (1) cards(I'm playing Scenario 1)?

Not sure about the 1st question. Yes, to the one above. You would shuffle in all the unmarked event cards and the exclusives as well (the ones with stars, if you have them) when you setup to play.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There can be only 1 ongoing horror event, and only 1 ongoing explorer event. (topmost destroyed event, in their respective destroyed deck)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hickman
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ah ok didn't know about the starred ones.

Ok wow, that makes things much more manageable knowing we're only supposed to have 1 effect going at a time.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cabel dawson
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, more than one person can contribute essence to chapter space/monster spawn if the contributing characters are next to the space as well, the person performing the action, or someone that is next to either of those and so one. you can chain them out in other words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hickman
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Oh nice, that's also super helpful, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.