Hostage Negotiator» Forums » General

Subject: Pieces Needed for International Money Saver (Kickstarter Question) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What wooden pieces, dice and any other pieces are needed for the International Money Saver? I'd like to get them as close to the original as possible.

Also, does the International Money Saver come with a box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter dR
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also would like more information about the stredge goals and adding abductor packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branimir Tkalec
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davymast wrote:

Also, does the International Money Saver come with a box?

...and if "custom dice" or "hostages" funding level is achieved? No?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, International backers get kinda screwed...shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Nope, International backers get kinda screwed...shake

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. What question are you answering?

My point wasn't to complain. I think the game creators are going the extra mile to keep costs down for international backers. My aim was to find out the extra components needed for the International Money Saver, and whether a box is included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I;m sorry if it wasn't clear who I was responding to.

There is no box included, nor extra components, like dice and stuff.

I don't know if that also includes the stretch goal upgraded dice and such.

I wasn't complaining either. I am just disappointed as I feel international backers did get screwed with this game. Maybe not intentionally, but they are.

They either have to pay $20 shipping for a $20 game, or pay $20 for an incomplete game, that might not even include stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the question. Here is what you will need to provide for yourself at the $20 International Money saver level.

5 - six sided dice
15 - cubes, pennies, or pieces of any kind for hostages
1 - cube, penny, or piece for a threat marker
1 - cube, penny, or piece for a conversation point marker
Print out of the PDF rules

You get all the cards and the tableau. It will come in a mailed box, but just a generic box, but it has a fold down top and is good for storing the game.

Additionally I have set up bulk levels to try to alleviate the shipping for internationals. A group buy of 10 pack lands everyone the game at $19 after shipping a piece which is actually less than backers can get a single game in the U.S.

Currently all of the stretch goals are component upgrades which will not effect this level, but if an when there are content upgrades including the potential 'Negotiator Pack' the $20 international saver level will get whatever cards are added. Additionally anyone adding any or all Abductor Packs will not pay any additional shipping for those.

I've tried my best to alleviate the issue of international shipping which we all know is very expensive. Thanks for the interest in Hostage Negotiator!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
A group buy of 10 pack lands everyone the game at $19 after shipping a piece which is actually less than backers can get a single game in the U.S.

That is great news, hopefully I can find a few more friends. However, another issue arises with this solution, if the games are shipped from the US, what amount of value will be on the package? If the value will be stated as $100 or $150 we will get very high customs charges on top of everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The value must be stated at what is paid. So I guess at that level it would be $150. What would your taxes be on that?

I will explore options for shipping within the EU but it all depends on economics. I tell you what, keep an eye on the campaign and I will make sure and let you know if I am able to find a solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
The value must be stated at what is paid. So I guess at that level it would be $150. What would your taxes be on that?

In the UK, there's a handling fee of £8 (around $14), plus 20% tax. No customs duty would be due at $150 (Customs duty is due for imports valued at over £150 ($250), and I believe for board games is 2.5%).

So the total fees and taxes on a package valued at $150 would be $44.

For ten games, that works out at $234 including shipping and all customs fees and taxes. That means we'd be paying $23.40 per game.

On top of that, there'd be shipping across Europe (or within the UK), which would be around $8.50 per game, as long as it's below 0.5kg in weight.

All in, it's around $31.90 per game. That's around £19 or €24.

I really appreciate your responsiveness on this. If I can get a full copy of the game for $30 or less, I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davymast wrote:
vanrydergames wrote:

In the UK, there's a handling fee of £8 (around $14), plus 20% tax. No customs duty would be due at $150 (Customs duty is due for imports valued at over £150 ($250), and I believe for board games is 2.5%).

So the total fees and taxes on a package valued at $150 would be $44.

For ten games, that works out at $234 including shipping and all customs duties. That means we'd be paying $23.40 per game.

On top of that, there'd be shipping across Europe (or within the UK), which would be around $8.50 per game, as long as it's below 0.5kg in weight.

All in, it's around $31.90 per game. That's around £19 or €24.

I really appreciate your responsiveness on this. If I can get a full copy of the game for $30 or less, I'm in.

Thanks for the info David. I'm on it. We'll see what we can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:

5 - six sided dice
15 - cubes, pennies, or pieces of any kind for hostages
1 - cube, penny, or piece for a threat marker
1 - cube, penny, or piece for a conversation point marker
Print out of the PDF rules

You get all the cards and the tableau. It will come in a mailed box, but just a generic box, but it has a fold down top and is good for storing the game.

For UK backers interested, Board Game Extras have wooden cubes available at £0.11 each. Colour options include yellow, red and blue.

(Alternatively, meeples are available at £0.30 each)

Dice are £0.50 each.

So you can pick up everything you need for £5.22, including postage. That puts the total cost, including the cards, at around £17.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Hoffmann
Germany
Essenbach
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have hoped for a EU-friendly campaign. Will be closely watching the project but current shipping setup makes this uninteresting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davymast wrote:
[q="vanrydergames"]In the UK, there's a handling fee of £8 (around $14), plus 20% tax.

In Denmark the handling fee is about $29 and the tax is 25% of the declared value :S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Allein
Austria
Mödling
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:

The customs question arose for me a few days ago in another KS campaign.

On the webpage of the ministry of finances (Bundesministerium für Finanzen) I found following paragraph:

"Waren, die zB in den USA, Asien oder Südafrika per Internet-Bestellung gekauft und importiert werden und einen Warenwert von über 22 Euro aufweisen, sind einfuhrumsatzsteuerpflichtig. Zoll muss zusätzlich ab einem Warenwert von 150 Euro entrichtet werden. Die Höhe der Zollabgaben richtet sich nach der Ware selbst, dem Wert und nach dem Ursprungsland der Ware."

This means that you have to pay 20% VAT for all values above 22 Euro (including shipping costs!!!!). Customs have only be paid for values above 150 Euro.

The Link to the webpage is:
https://www.bmf.gv.at/zoll/post-internet/internet-shopping.h...

Germany seems to have similar regulations to Austria.
http://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Post-Internet/Sendungen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlleinGespielt wrote:
you have to pay 20% VAT for all values above 22 Euro (including shipping costs!!!!)

Just to be clear, in the UK it does not include shipping costs. You only pay 20% VAT on the value of the item, which is declared on the customs form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Collingham
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davymast wrote:
Just to be clear, in the UK it does not include shipping costs. You only pay 20% VAT on the value of the item, which is declared on the customs form.

Actually postage costs are included for goods sent from outside of the EU. This caught me out recently in a recent purchase from GMT Games. Fortunately I claimed a partial refund as I spotted that the HMRC used the postage value on the stamp rather than the postage value I paid.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/tax-and-duty.htm#3

Quote:
Import VAT rate
The percentage charged is the same VAT rate that applies to similar goods that are sold in the UK.
The import VAT percentage rate is applied to the total value of the goods. In the case of goods brought in this is the sterling equivalent of the price paid abroad, as shown on the receipt. In the case of goods posted from outside the EU, it is the amount on the Customs Declaration, which includes the price paid for the goods, the cost of transport, postage and packing, insurance and any duty that may be payable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
collywobbles wrote:
davymast wrote:

Actually postage costs are included for goods sent from outside of the EU. This caught me out recently in a recent purchase from GMT Games. Fortunately I claimed a partial refund as I spotted that the HMRC used the postage value on the stamp rather than the postage value I paid.

Dang! That's never happened to me. It looks like the rules are pretty clear, if unevenly applied.

That being the case, it's weird that eBay's guidelines only say to include the item value on the customs form, not the postage value.

I've never been told to add the postage value to a customs form when I've shipped items overseas from the post office. And I've never seen it written on the form of an item I've received.

(On eBay, it's on this page under section "Filling out the customs form": http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Collingham
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my case, GMT only wrote the goods value on the customs form, but HMRC added in the postage themselves based on the visible postage cost (stamps). I successfully claimed a partial refund by sending them the invoice (which was inside the package) which showed how much postage I actually paid.

I agree it's a bit arbitrary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
collywobbles wrote:
I agree it's a bit arbitrary!

Especially considering that HMRC themselves advise to only state the value of goods on a customs form (not the cost of shipping, insurance, etc.):

Quote:
The declaration should include:
a description of the goods
their value
whether they are gifts, commercial or personal items

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/customs-procedures.htm#2

Also, it would seem that VAT is only due if the value of the goods before postage is over £15 (at least, the cost of postage isn't mentioned in this section):

Quote:
If you order or purchase goods other than alcohol, tobacco, perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you have to pay:
* Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £135
* import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £15

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/buying.htm#3

Little wonder there are so many tax loopholes exploited by big companies when the basic rules about buying something from overseas are so muddled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to let you all know, particularly Connor, that the Hostage Negotiator project is now EU Friendly!

Thank you all for pushing and challenging me to do better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
I just wanted to let you all know, particularly Connor, that the Hostage Negotiator project is now EU Friendly!

Awesome news...We're in for a 10-pack... (Which still would be $150 games +$40 shipping +$150 abductor packs, right?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
vanrydergames wrote:

Awesome news...We're in for a 10-pack... (Which still would be $150 games +$40 shipping +$150 abductor packs, right?)

Yes!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.