Subject: Hard to score rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is sooo hard to score a goal in this game! How do you do it?

I find it difficult to create good opportunity. Every time I get close and think about shooting I realize that I need two 6s in the row, or one 6 at least. The ball value raises quickly and I can't get it down. It seems impossible to lower ball value if defence covers lots of areas.

How do you react in such situations? Do you rather play it slow, choose easy passes to the back, which takes forever, or try to rush at the goal and try to score quickly before ball value gets high?

Whatever I choose I end up with 0:0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Libero03 wrote:

How do you react in such situations? Do you rather play it slow, choose easy passes to the back, (

It depends on the die roll. If the value is too high, I prefer to pass back and lower value.
Our matches usually end with 2:1; 3:2 ...so typical football results...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannu Uusitalo
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
In FUBA World Cup 2014 the average score per match was 2,14. http://upgames.fi/home/fuba-world-cup-2014-statistics/

Some players use to try goal in every 6+ chance they get, but many players still try to improve situation.

Did you read the rule 4.5.1 correctly. You should be able to get ball value smaller. When you roll high and get high ball value that also means you usually make moves before the passive team. In this situation you should easily make a situation you get positive modifiers for control checks (which means you have chance to get smaller number to ball).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it just takes a little practice to score a goal. I have played once more and we got 2:1 in the end including one penalty. Great match, grat game, I can't wait for expansion

Added: last time I scored 3 goals in one half! That's something I take back my "hard to score" words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.