Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the posts written by Jason Cawley (JasonC), which I think is really interesting, and by SteelVictory, where he submits a nice St.Marie du Mont map, I have retaken my map making work.

I have done a pair of exercises about Panzer map making. The first one is an example of a typical Ukrainian rural village that runs across a path and is surrounded by wheat fields. The second is a "woodsland" map which depicts a crossroads that must be defended and where Panzer are sure to be ambushed.

They are one column and one row larger than a standard half Panzer geo-board and they should be printed on a A-3. They are perfect for company-sized forces engaging in a short amount of turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is great - we just need about 98 more.

Keep them coming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, I'll post more. Some at this size and others at geo-board size (but divided in two parts for ease of printing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These maps look great! If it's ok with you, I'd like to include them as an extension for the VASSAL module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
How does this translate to US paper sizes I wonder? Thats 2x A4, duh. Very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rfdoane wrote:
These maps look great! If it's ok with you, I'd like to include them as an extension for the VASSAL module.

Of course it's okay with me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteelVictory wrote:
The maps are superb!

Were you using Hexdraw?
I've been pounding a wall trying to get the woods looking good in Illustrator, can't get the clearings and open spaces right.

Yes, I use hexdraw. The biggest time consuming effort is creating the tiles, but once done it's just a matter of imagination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
How does this translate to US paper sizes I wonder? Thats 2x A4, duh. Very cool.

Yes, one A3 equals two A4, but it is better to print ii directly on a A3 because of print margins. You would lose part of the maps if printed on two A4s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonC wrote:

This is great - we just need about 98 more.

Keep them coming...

Now that Exp3 is out, I'm working in the Parker Crossroads map. The map is very similar to the second example posted above, but I think it is better to have a more historical one. The prototype of terrain types is done, now it is time to embelish the thing. And this time the map will come with a scenario too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.