Popular Tags: [View All]
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyon!
I have read game walkthrough and I have some questions
1. when I Knocked-out, my hand limit will be full with wound cards right? And if I dont have any Ready Unit, so I can not use it to heal. So now I can only use EXHAUSTION to discard 1 Wound right?

2. About Movement, I dont make sure about movement. I think in 2 ways:
+ Play cards to determine movement point. After that, I move based on movement point OR
+ Play card (2), and move, and play card(2), and move..... (dont do Action)

3. Can I play a card sideway for Fire or Ice Block

Thank for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Not sure about this, but it sounds about right.
2. the first option is right. First you generate movement points, then you spend them.
3. No, you only can generate the standard block by playing cards sideways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
About Question 2, I generate 6 points for movement, but when using, I only use 4 points. I can use 2 remaining points for move to adjacent space but I dont want to do this (exp: dont want to fight with ramppaging enemy). can I allow to do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You could also heal with a skill or with a magical glade. Other than that you're right.

2. You can play movement points, then move, then play movement points, then move, etc. until you don't want to (or cannot) move any more. There is no requirement to play all the movement points first. It is allowed to leave movement points unused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Erb
Germany
Ulm
flag msg tools
mb
1. Yes. If you are knocked out, you will have to take at least one "slow recovery" to discard a wound so you can re-draw a non-wound card. Getting knocked out hurts, avoid it at all costs. "I feel no Pain" or the "Motivation" skills can be very helpful here, since they allow you to take a Standart Rest no matter how many wounds you have in your hand.

2. You can generate and spend movement points in any order you want, as long as you do not spend more points than you have generated. "Movement", 6.b, page 6.

For example:

* Play a card for 5 move, move to plains (-2), explore (-2).
* Play another card sideways for 1 move, move onto plains on the new tile (-2).

The only thing to keep in mind is that you can not change the way you played a card (sideways, with/without mana) after you reveal new information, be it by revealing enemy tokens or new map tiles.

You do not have to spend all your movement points. In practice, it is quite likely that you sometimes have 1 or even 2 points left with no way to spend them.

3. As has been said, cards can only be played sideways to generate basic Attack and Block, never elemental.
There are exceptions, of course. If you use Altem Mages to turn all your attacks into Cold Fire Attacks, then obviously cards played sideways for Attack 1 are turned into Cold Fire Attack 1. The same goes for generating Ice/Fire Block from Influence with the strong effect of Diplomacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For question 3, I just have one more clarification: You can only play a card sideways to generate Basic Block, HOWEVER, you can still use basic block to block fire or ice, although it is only half as effective (i.e. it only works as Block 0.5).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fragfisch wrote:
2. You can generate and spend movement points in any order you want, as long as you do not spend more points than you have generated. "Movement", 6.b, page 6.

For example:

* Play a card for 5 move, move to plains (-2), explore (-2).
* Play another card sideways for 1 move, move onto plains on the new tile (-2).

The only thing to keep in mind is that you can not change the way you played a card (sideways, with/without mana) after you reveal new information, be it by revealing enemy tokens or new map tiles.

You do not have to spend all your movement points. In practice, it is quite likely that you sometimes have 1 or even 2 points left with no way to spend them.

This is a good example.

But after all those movement if you end on a site you can still do an action. i.e.: go in a ruins/dungeon etc, Interact, or use an action card.

You can do all the movement you want. Like in the above example. after all your movement you can still do an action.

Feel free to re-read the "A Player's turn".
http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/mage/MK_rulebook_...
Page 5. Section 5.
Playing a Regular turn has two voluntary parts: movement, and action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time I'll make sure to remember the rules before replying blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.