Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played this twice tonight 2 player, the games were ridiculously quick but silly good fun.

My wife and I played this and All you require really is a token/coin/something to mark the active zombie.

Choose any number of cards (4+) face off as per the rules, half the humans become zombies as per normal, and the loser controls all the zombies, and the victor is humanities last hope.

So yeah 2 players is perfectly workable and such a small package. Very portable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, had never thought of it, but yeah, no reason it wouldn't be a good little two player game if the 12 cards were just laid in a circle with one player playing the zombies, and the other player playing humans.

Good idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Huh, had never thought of it, but yeah, no reason it wouldn't be a good little two player game if the 12 cards were just laid in a circle with one player playing the zombies, and the other player playing humans.

Good idea!

That was exactly what we did. Laid em out in a tight circle with a poker chip moving around. Even better you can play any number of cards. Doesn't have to be the full 12 if you want a shorter experiance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your idea is good enough that we'll be including it in the rules! Kevin told me to make sure we give you a mention in the rule book for the idea, and I'll make sure to send you a copy of the finished game as well (assuming it funds on Kickstarter to allow us to produce it).

Now we just need to figure out 3 players, unless we want to list it as a 2, 4-12 player game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that is amazing thank you so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Now we just need to figure out 3 players

Challenge accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Now we just need to figure out 3 players

Challenge accepted.

Ok, I think I have it. With 3 players, set up as normal, with Anti-Zombie/Shambling Hordes as normal. But, instead of taking turns, now all 3 players play RPS at once. Everyone throws, and then check each of the three results. Players on the same team do not harm one another. Players on the same team can talk about what they will throw (or not).

Edit: Thinking about it some more, I think its better if they don't talk. YMMV.

Edit 2: And now I think I am back to allowing it.

I checked the cards, and I am pretty sure they all work in this context. If anyone gets a chance to try it, let me know.

Note: This can also work in the base game if you get down to 3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samurai Munky

Westford
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for a 3 player game - deal out all 12 characters (giving each player 4).

then play 3 way, single elimination RPS. If a player is knocked out in round 1, they must turn over 3 of their zombies. If a player is knocked out in round 2, they must turn over 2 of their zombies.

If two players were eliminated in round 1; then the winner of RPS does not flip over any humans; however if it went to 2 rounds, then the winner must flip over 1 human into a zombie.

this will ensure 6 zombies and 6 humans.

from there each player will place a human or zombie into play making the playing ring (for best results alternate humans and zombies).

play as normal except zombies cannot attack humans you control.

zombies will fight other zombies to increase their odds of eating brains.

the player with the last character(s) standing wins.

Just my thoughts for a 3 player version of the game.

EDIT: I just thought about this more; if player A beat both B and C in the first round of RPS, then A would have 0 zombies to start. Thusly, if A wins immediately, then they only have to change 1 human into a zombie, then B and C need to RPS again, the loser will turn 3 humans into zombies. this ensure 6v6 and having each player with at least 1 zombie (and thusly not only being on the defensive).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 3 player with my wife and daughter, same rules as 2 player. Except the humans were divided amongst 2 players.

Not elegant but it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
I payed 3 player with my wife and daughter, same rules as 2 player. Except the humans were divided amongst 2 players.

Not elegant but it works.

Yeah, that's what I was leaning toward, just because it keeps it simple without any huge mods to set-up or game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We're all individuals
Canada
flag msg tools
Play more Games!
badge
Play more Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that there is a two player variant - backed! My first Kickstarter so am excited.
But they had me at zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.