Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam
United Kingdom
St albans
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just bought a munch of Mayday sleeves and there seems to be what looks like condensation on the inside of the sleeves. This makes it very difficult to open the sleeves to put the cards in, making the sleeving process taking ages. I often have to blow into them to get them opened up. Are they usually this difficult to use or is there something wrong with my sleeves? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve every game I own and use FFG or mayday specifically. This is not normal in my experience. I'd sit them out and let them dry out before putting cards in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny S.
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
sammmmmy195 wrote:
I just bought a munch of Mayday sleeves and there seems to be what looks like condensation on the inside of the sleeves. This makes it very difficult to open the sleeves to put the cards in, making the sleeving process taking ages. I often have to blow into them to get them opened up. Are they usually this difficult to use or is there something wrong with my sleeves? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Put the sleeves in the sun for a few hours and that will get the condensation out. It will also warm the sleeves up so it will be easier to put the cards in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
x6ftundx wrote:
sammmmmy195 wrote:

Put the sleeves in the sun for a few hours and that will get the condensation out. It will also warm the sleeves up so it will be easier to put the cards in.
Does that actually work? Becauase sometimes my Swan Panasia sleeves are a pain to get cards into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny S.
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
well down here in sunny Florida it sure does. Just remember once the cards are in they will cool down and it will be hard to take off the sleeve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pain when that happens. You can open them easily if you blow forcefully onto the top of each sleeve while holding it with both hands.

Not the most sanitary method, but it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.