Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Variants

Subject: military dashboards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello fellow zombie killers!

Since we don't have a real military/swat force or other 'special/elite' unit in this wonderfull game, my question is:
Did someone here made a squad of them yet? I have the figures but if someone made nice dashboards, I (and alot others) would be very gladfull!

I was thinking that if you had like 5 or six in a squad, every member should have his own speciality put into his 'skills' and have a focus on something particular like:

a sniper, a medic, a CO, scout, pyro (flamethrower-guy)etc ...

Not sure if it would be wise to have them all start with the "start with X weapon" as blue skill and just give them some weapon equipment-cards anyway (I cann't imagine a special force moving in with just a crowbar, pan and fire axe ) and the main starting skill in blue for the more class specific skill like for example born leader for CO, slippery or extra moves for scout, sniper for the sniper, etc etc...

anyone has ideas for "perfect looking" dashboards?

greetz and thx!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I considered when looking to do this was start the soldiers in the blue, but treat them as yellow for zombie spawning purposes, and when one hits yellow, bump the spawning to red.

My justification is when these guys show up, it is because the situation is already really bad.

I would start each off with some decent weapon(s) to keep them within the theme. For example, your breach guy would have a shotgun and a crowbar.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Primary starting equipment could be:
Automatic shotgun
Assault rifle
Rifle
SMG
Flamethrower

Secondary:
Pistol
Magnum 44
Knife (season 3)
Machete
Hatchet


Attachments and extras:
Scope
Gas mask
Plenty of Ammo card
Laser pointer
Tactical vest (season3)
Flashlight
Gasoline

Not sure what more convenient will be included in S3
Every member could maybe configure and choose up to one of each
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
One thing I considered when looking to do this was start the soldiers in the blue, but treat them as yellow for zombie spawning purposes, and when one hits yellow, bump the spawning to red.

My justification is when these guys show up, it is because the situation is already really bad.


It is indeed more an advanced mission/campaign where you might make use of food rations (cards) every X turns to keep it going
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if the person doing the art used something similar to some minis available somewhere, so we could match them. I have seen the Predator group out there (Hasslefree?). Those could work.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dophin26 wrote:
It would be nice if the person doing the art used something similar to some minis available somewhere, so we could match them. I have seen the Predator group out there (Hasslefree?). Those could work.





I cann't remember this brand anymore. I bought them sooo many years ago from the UK. Never used them but they look cool for an infested area

Btw, I printed out your Yaghtmap on a poster and it turned out to be 75cm by 75cm and it looks great. But didnt you wrote that it was a 75 by 50 image? It's weird because it really doesn't look odd in this size but fantastic whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys in NBC suits are from EM4 or Copplestone (Copplestone sculpted the EM4 ones but then has also updated the figs in his own line).

Mine can be seen here:
http://combatzonechronicles.net/cozo7/7jcnbc.htm



Hasslefree makes a nice set as well.

For SWAT I use figs from Armorcast (I think the ones above are from West Wind, I have them too).









1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for soldiers, it makes perfect sense for them to start in full gear, on the other hand i would not let them gain experience as they have already been trained in combat tactics, as opposed to the survivors that are learning on the go.
also, the soldiers would not be searching either as they have their own gear.
the difficulty is to get them to use real tactics
i would give them only 2 actions and some sort of command rule for balance
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
for soldiers, it makes perfect sense for them to start in full gear, on the other hand i would not let them gain experience as they have already been trained in combat tactics, as opposed to the survivors that are learning on the go.
also, the soldiers would not be searching either as they have their own gear.
the difficulty is to get them to use real tactics
i would give them only 2 actions and some sort of command rule for balance


if they never get rewards afterwards in form of skills, they will get weaker than stronger 'regular' survivors after some time. Certainly with just 2 actions all the time. To counter that fact they could start with one or maybe two nice basic skills which gives them a nice strong start at least (fe born leader, slippery, extra move, sniper, +1 range, medic ...

I really like your suggestions!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.