6 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question: 1. Number of dices in combat. 2. Population Cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boris Nedyalkov
msg tools
Hello,

I have just started playing Eclipse and fell in love immediately .
However, I have a few questions which I dont believe were answered clearly in the rule book. Please assist:

1. Combat - For example I am engaging with 6xInterceptors (fitted with missiles) and I am attacking first. In the set there are 6 orange dices. Does that mean that I am limited to using 6 missiles (using 3 interceptors only), or I can roll 12 dices for all 12 missiles fitted on my interceptors (6 orange dice + others for substitute). In that is true, how does that translates to the rules that both players roll simultaneously if there are not enough dices?

2. Population Cubes: After a combat is resolved and population cubes were cleared, they go to the graveyard right? This means that in the upkeep phase the loosing player will still have his income as he did not return his cubes on his tracks right?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The number of dice in game is no limit - just roll the dice several times if necessary.

2. Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Nedyalkov
msg tools
Thank you for the quick reply. It was much appreciated!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArnorBG wrote:
how does that translates to the rules that both players roll simultaneously if there are not enough dices?

Whoa whoa, back up that train. Players never roll simultaneously in Eclipse. Even with missiles, initiative determines rolling order, followed by defender breaking a tie in initiative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanish wrote:
ArnorBG wrote:
how does that translates to the rules that both players roll simultaneously if there are not enough dices?
Whoa whoa, back up that train. Players never roll simultaneously in Eclipse. Even with missiles, initiative determines rolling order, followed by defender breaking a tie in initiative.
Indeed. ArnorBG, please cite for clarification the section of the rulebook that led you to this conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case where ships on opposing sides of a battle have equal Initiative, the Defender rolls first and also therefore applies the results of his die rolls first. The Defender is determined as the player (or A.I.) that was present in the system FIRST during the action phase.

The Population Cubes destroyed in combat go to the graveyard. Population cubes in the graveyard are NOT on the population track, thus income is still gained from that population (be it Money, Resources or Science).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.