Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I did a partial solo game with the Transport, 150 pts per side.

Rebels:
GR-75 Transport - Dutyfree Title
Slicer Tools
Frequency Jammer
WED-Repair Droid

Hobbie Klivian, R3-A2,Flechette Torpedoes
Dutch Vander,Ion Cannon Turret
Tarn Mison, Flechette Torpedoes
Rookie, Flechette Torpedoes

Empire:
3x Sabers w/ ptl
Scimitar w/ concussion & Cluster
Howlrunner
3x Academy

Things I learned -
200 points per side is necessary, at least. Not Enough firepower for the Rebels, Period.
Banking with the transport is tricky, as Hobbie found out. (Sorry, Hobbie)

Impressions-
The rebel transport is pretty amazing. I didn't think I'd enjoy running a ship without an attack as much as I did. The Customization is great, you can make it into whatever you want it to be. My Stress City build worked as well as it could have, including using slicer tools, which was satisfying. I just need to find more opportunities to play with 200+ points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jude007 wrote:
Last night I did a partial solo game with the Transport, 150 pts per side.

Rebels:
GR-75 Transport - Dutyfree Title
Slicer Tools
Frequency Jammer
WED-Repair Droid

Hobbie Klivian, R3-A2,Flechette Torpedoes
Dutch Vander,Ion Cannon Turret
Tarn Mison, Flechette Torpedoes
Rookie, Flechette Torpedoes

Empire:
3x Sabers w/ ptl
Scimitar w/ concussion & Cluster
Howlrunner
3x Academy

Things I learned -
200 points per side is necessary, at least. Not Enough firepower for the Rebels, Period.
Banking with the transport is tricky, as Hobbie found out. (Sorry, Hobbie)

Impressions-
The rebel transport is pretty amazing. I didn't think I'd enjoy running a ship without an attack as much as I did. The Customization is great, you can make it into whatever you want it to be. My Stress City build worked as well as it could have, including using slicer tools, which was satisfying. I just need to find more opportunities to play with 200+ points.

I played against a transport for the first time last night and we weren't impressed, EXCEPT, the guy running the transport used it as a giant battering ram and didn't run splicer. I'm guessing for the transport to shine, splice is critical. I wasn't paying to much attention to what he could do, rather what he was already doing so I'm not clear on how much he missed. I do know he didn't start jamming us until later, but by then we had already gained a big advantage. His side also didn't make a tight list. It looked to be a bunch of unconnected ships. Whereas I was running 100 pts in 4 TIE, Howl+Swarm, Vader+Swarm and my partner has 140 pts in 2 TIE Bombers and 2 Shuttles maxing out the Jonus rerolls. We ran two tight formations and the Rebels strung a line out with the transport essentially dividing their forces in half. So my TIEs took on the smaller side and the heavies took on the larger side. So my main lesson, was you need to build a list specific to the Transport, and ramming alone doesn't cut it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is certainly a trip to use the first time- it moves and acts so different from any ship currently released. My first time flying it in a 4 person, 800 point battle I ended up bumbling around on an empty half of the map, forgetting to pass actions, forgetting about ramming.

I'd like to try running a shuttle as a blocker, using the ability to intercept fire and adding defence dice to ships trying to shoot through it.

Also, in my 800 point game, ramming was a huge threat, enough that it took over half our ships essentially out of the fight to kill the shuttle while the fighters came in from the side and pounded them. A 50ish point Biggs, if you will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played one game using the Transport and found it to be a lot of fun even with no upgrades. I enjoyed the special actions on this ship, and the ability to plow through asteroids and other ships. It felt like driving the big rig at the end of the Road Warrior, which is totally appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Bland
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
The transport is a blast to play with, I've played with it twice, the first time we used it, we also had it as a battering ram with a squad of Y-Wings and HWKs with ION turrets so that it would make it easier to just ram ships, the second time we used it with its abilities and it really is a gamechanger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faribo wrote:
I just got my Transport and I have run it each time, I use an EM build with x-wings that is super fun.

I run the Transport with:
Quantum Storm
Shield Projector
Backup Shield Generator
EM Emitter

This is the build I want to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.