Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting ready to put my 1st edition up on eBay - any suggestions on where to find a good box to ship it in? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might order a box of the Large Flat Rate (long board game) boxes from USPS.com. If it fits, you won't have to worry about the weight, as it will be flat rate anywhere in the US. The box that the boxes come in is a bit larger, and also good for shipping things, as well. If you don't think you'll use all of the boxes for shipping, you might take extras to your post office, or offer them to other local BGGers who might need them for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just go to a shipping store (that services UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.). These places charge you a service fee (so more expensive than going directly to the carrier), but they will help you pack it up to ensure it's safe, cut down boxes for you, and let you see quotes from all the carriers.

For big games like this, I usually find UPS to be the cheapest (for a 7-day or so delivery time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the Descent box is too tall for the USPS flat-rate board game box, and too long for the Large flat-rate box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you for the tips!

I ordered some of those USPS board game boxes a couple of weeks ago (for selling Star Wars Original Trilogy Risk) and they never arrived. So, I placed another order - hopefully they will actually deliver them this time. The good ol' USPS has a really high failure rate with me.

However, I was really glad to hear you say that the boxes actually come IN a box. I wonder if THAT box will be tall enough for the FF coffin box...

In any case, I appreciate the UPS store recommendation. I didn't know they cut boxes to size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the places I'm talking about are third-party shipping stores, that service all (or many of) the carriers. I can't verify what happens in an actual UPS store, as I have not been to one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
barneshome wrote:
However, I was really glad to hear you say that the boxes actually come IN a box. I wonder if THAT box will be tall enough for the FF coffin box...

Nope -- but let me know how it went with the UPS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
barneshome wrote:

Nope -- but let me know how it went with the UPS!

Will do, but I'm going to go with Fedex. I love UPS for deliveries, but my local UPS store is terrible. Twice when I have gone there in the morning DURING their business hours, they have been closed. One of those times I could clearly see an employee asleep in the back room. He/she slept right through my repeated knocking. So they don't get any of my business anymore.

I'll report back here tonight with my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the tardy follow-up. Fedex was pricey, but great. They cut a box down to size and packed it all up for me in about 5 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.