Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jack elfrink
United States
McKees Rocks
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played this last night. Had an absolute blast and I would like to put this on my list of games to get. It just has one very big problem. At least half the colors look identical to me.

Usually when this happens in a game I can alter the components a bit. I take a magic marker and mark one set of pieces to distinguish it from another. But that would not work in this case. I had thought of just getting some additional cubes of more varied color but then I would not know how to replace the exclamation point markers.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use just about anything to replace the exclamation points. How about pawns or meeples in colours that match you replacement cubes?

It's a shame that it's not colourblind-friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
how about just make your own exclamation points out of whatever cubes you find that you can see the colors. Just glue together a stack of cubes, say, 5 or 6 cubes high... all the same color except make the second one from the bottom white. Boom... exclamation point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
jackelfrink wrote:
Played this last night. Had an absolute blast and I would like to put this on my list of games to get. It just has one very big problem. At least half the colors look identical to me.

Usually when this happens in a game I can alter the components a bit. I take a magic marker and mark one set of pieces to distinguish it from another. But that would not work in this case. I had thought of just getting some additional cubes of more varied color but then I would not know how to replace the exclamation point markers.

Any ideas?

Use Pennygems. They solve a surprising number of problems for a surprising number of games. My wife backed one of his Kickstarters, and we've not regretted it, yet.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImprobableObjects?section_id=12296...

Realistically, you only need one Primary sheet for Concept. $15 plus shipping. You could probably even use a "Quartet Sheet" (https://www.etsy.com/listing/100962501/pennygems-quartet-she...)

If you get some "JumboGems" to go with, you can use those instead of the question marks and/or exclamation point - and then use the matching PennyGems in the same way you'd use the matching cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
get your marker and add stripes to the exclamation points and then add pips to the six sides of the cubes.. 0, Stripe, 1 pip, 2 pip should work even on those small cubes right? CB guy in our group did something similar to Game of Thrones iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.