4 Posts

Race for the Galaxy: Alien Artifacts» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forced placement by breeding tube rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klas Berndal
Sweden
flag msg tools
Top of page 7 in the rulebook says: "When placing the card drawn after a breeding tube token is picked up, it may not overlap any part of the card that the survey team is on (not even a corner)."

If parts of the card with the survey team on is already covered by other cards, can you place the new card on these covered parts?

Or does the card with the survey team "shine through" any layers of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure Tom will confirm soon, but I'd guess that you couldn't place it on those cards, since I assume the intention of that rule is that you don't place it too close to your survey team thus keep the orb from turning into a tree structure with each player on their own branch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Klas Berndal wrote:
If parts of the card with the survey team on is already covered by other cards, can you place the new card on these covered parts?

Yes.

I've answered this before, see this thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Berndal
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot.

I was actually looking for the answer in older threads, but the word "uplift" in the heading made me think it was a question about uplift feeding stations.

Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.