Defenders of the Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cavalry Sweep and Battle Strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I understand that a hero doesn't actually move when you're playing Cavalry Sweep but I'm not sure how the mechanic of the card actually works. Is there a limit to the number of locations you can move through? It seems to me that there isn't in my reading of the card.

So if I had 3 black minions in one corner location of the board, 3 green in another corner location, and 3 red in another corner location, could I start in the location with the black minions, remove 2 of them, then "move" from location to location until I reached the green minions, remove 2 of them, then "move" again until I reached the red minions, and finally remove 2 there? If so, why is the wording on the card the way it is? Why not simply say remove 6 minions from the board but no more than 2 per location and each blue counts as removing 2? Maybe it's just the wording of the card that's confusing me.

My second question is this: I understand that once a Darkness Spreads Card is drawn, you can't play a special card until you complete the steps outlined on that Darkness Spreads Card (i.e., you can't see what damage it does, then try to mitigate that damage with a purple card). But let's say in mid-war, my first Darkness Spreads card moves a general to a location that is 1 location away from Monarch City. Could I play Battle Strategy to move the general back (and defeat all minions in 3 locations) before I have to draw my second Darkness Spreads Card to be sure the game doesn't end on that draw?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Cavalry Sweep - choose a location for the cavalry to start in that has minions. Remove at least one and then move the cavalry to an adjacent location that has minions and remove at least one. Continue doing this until you either kill 6 minions (no more than 2 at one place, and dragonkin counting as 2), or until the cavalry moves into an empty location.

In other words, all the connected locations must have minions in them, and you must kill at least one in each location they visit.

And yes, you can play a Purple card in between Darkness Spreads cards during the same draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Oh, thanks. That makes more sense to me though the card doesn't actually make that clear (probably because it would take up too much space)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.