Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a tease or playable? Well, if you get only Rue Morgue, the 3 crow cards shown would be mixed into a 71 card deck, so there is a fair chance that those 5 crows are going to get an extra activation, if there are a lot of spawn points or doors being opened. On the other hand, they do travel pretty fast, so they are going to get into killing distance quickly, unless its a big board. Luckily most of us aren't first timers who are only getting RM, so 5 crows is not going to be an extra activation problem, since our zombie decks are huge and getting bigger! I think I'm going to like them, so I'll buy the extra box and have lots, while those who choose not to get an extra box now, can always get one later or easily sell off the 5 crows if they decide they don't like them (even as just a little extra flavor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They mentioned somewhere in the comments that the stretch goal gives you all the cards included in the Box of Crowz. I can't remember if that is 6 or 12 spawn cards. So if you only get Rue Morgue, then there will likely be lots of extra activations for the crows. If you have everything, than it will obviously be less likely. Maybe 5 is enough for those that have everything, but I think it would be preferable to have at least 10, since the max spawn at red is 5, it would be nice to have enough minis to handle two of those cards before needing to kill them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Crows don't really interest me at all, so I'm happy with a few as a taster if it means they can add more of other elements. I have a few WHFB rat swarms somewhere, if I wanted to try a full set I guess I could always proxy those for crows (since they'd still be able to crawl through barriers and such).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has so many **** cards that you could make your own decks -- it's like a game of Arkham Horror with all the cards. I figure I'll have different decks for different areas of the board. The decks can be either thematic, or the harder decks will be near the objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
They mentioned somewhere in the comments that the stretch goal gives you all the cards included in the Box of Crowz. I can't remember if that is 6 or 12 spawn cards. So if you only get Rue Morgue, then there will likely be lots of extra activations for the crows. If you have everything, than it will obviously be less likely. Maybe 5 is enough for those that have everything, but I think it would be preferable to have at least 10, since the max spawn at red is 5, it would be nice to have enough minis to handle two of those cards before needing to kill them.

Getting more cards in that stretch goal would be great, a positive, rather than a negative, since we can always determine how many we want to add to our decks depending on how many other zombie cards we have and how likely we want any zombie type to appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
Crows don't really interest me at all, so I'm happy with a few as a taster if it means they can add more of other elements. I have a few WHFB rat swarms somewhere, if I wanted to try a full set I guess I could always proxy those for crows (since they'd still be able to crawl through barriers and such).

I've been interested in getting some rats ever since reading the crows vs rats arguments. They would make a nice alternate manhole spawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rector
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really, really hope they add 5 more crows in another stretch goal. 5 is too little, but i don't need 20. 10 would be perfect. Still, if they don't add 5 more I might have to get box of crows. I was actually a big fan of dogz so this is something I would like to play with one way or the other as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
K I S S
badge
Tennessee Titans
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:

I thought this in a different way..., using the 5 storms from Zombicide as proxies for other games..., like DDD...,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on simply putting a stack of chips under each miniature.
That way I can spawn 5 groups of Crowz before starting to worry about extra activations.
I do not want to give too much money to GG/CMoN with the way they are running this campaign. So even though the Crowz are one of the thing that excites me the most, from a thematic standpoint, I am going to save my money for other stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy at least one box of crows... you will be in trouble if you are in yellow or orange and a crow card comes up (even if it only spawns 2-3 crows - 2 x 5 spawn points = 10, 3 x 5 = 15).

With moving three times per turn, moving through walls, you really don't want to give them extra activations.

If you are getting two sets, I'd add at least on box (25 crow minis). I like playing everything and not running out, so I am getting 3 sets and 2 box of crows (45 crows) as you never know if two spawn cards will show up back to back later in the game (and I like playing everything).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to try and work out with someone who's buying a box of crows to buy their extra five; they'll have twenty crows and I'll have ten. If anyone's interested in that, GM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure someone will be selling their extra 'trays of zombies' with the crows, extra abominations, seekers, skinners, etc (just like with season 2) for a reasonable price. You can buy the tray of zombies for season 2 on ebay for $30-$40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
The Zombie Dogs box came with cards in three different languages. If the crows have the multiple languages, you could use some of those to get extra crow cards.You could always use some of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.