Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be a simple thread for people to post variants for Location Cards in Ninja Dice - assignments, the total bonus, etc.

Right now the official rules as written for them are:

- Randomly deal them out and people pick them
- You score bonus points when you beat the whole House (including the Location requirements) equal to the value in the upper right. You don't score extra points for partially beating it, or for symbols on it.

I'm going to post a few of the ones I've created, heard about from other people, and seen (mostly at cons). Feel free to post your own!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the ones I originally suggested:

- Random plus Replacement.

Randomly deal them (Location Cards) out, let people pick them, but replace them with new ones as they get picked so later players have other options.

- Make 'em Optional

Randomly deal a few, but let players have the option of using/not using them.

- Count the Symbols

Dice "symbols" on the cards count as dice, so that if a Symbol is beaten, you get an extra point per "die" in end scoring.

- Escalating Value (my favorite)

Deal them out randomly. When a Ninja picks one add a coin to the others remaining. This makes the un-picked ones more valuable and helps negate the first player benefit.

Any others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocco,
Thanks, I really like this game.

I have not used the location cards yet but they look pretty difficult so I will probably use either, or both "count the symbols" and "escalating value" when I do use them.

Thanks for the game and suggested house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another variation noted in the review post, was to give the player the option to ignore any special text on the card (such as "no sneaking" or "fortune counts for 2, not 4) at the cost of half of the bonus for completing the location.

I haven't had the chance to play this rule yet, though, so it's completely untested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Is Jon
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mb
After getting the Master Dice mini expansion at GenCon, I started playing a variant where players can either chose between a location card or the appropriate number of red dice. Additionally when location card is used, a new one is put out in its place.

I'll definitely have to try the escalating value variant, that'd definitely add some more strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd forgotten they were releasing those!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.