Hide
6 Posts

Rise of the Zombies!» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Solo Play Hints and Test Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klute Gamer
msg tools
I have not been able to complete the game with the three Large Herds (12). I have been test playing for solo play to modify the number of Large Herds in Play. I have not completed my testing, but I will say if you remove one of the three Large Herds, this has been a nice balance.

Hints for Solo Play:

1. Stay in the Safe House for a few turns to gain experience points.
2. Discard as many cards as you can during the first few turns to find an easy location and skill cards to purchase. ( No Remorse, Slayer, Hero) Cycle as many cards as you can. You should be able to work your way through the entire deck in a game and have a second chance on all cards.
3. Knock off the quick and easy Zombies first to gain those experience Points.
4. You will need the propane tank late in the game. It is expensive, and would not purchase it early.

Great game and would recommend to others..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are good tips; the game is super hard but I like it nevertheless. Seems to me that there's no point in playing solo with one survivor. If you play one, you get a health/hand size of 8, with a 0 infestation modifier. If you play with two, you get a total of 12 (2 x 6) for health/hand size, but again with a 0 infestation modifier, so I don't know why anyone would play with one, except to make an already insanely difficult game even harder. I think a single survivor should either get a negative infestation modifier, or perhaps an XP bonus to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin MacMillan
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I play this game solo, and take a group of survivors through to the end? Kind of like leading a group of survivors? I play almost exclusively solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Complete honesty, when designing/developing Zombies the DVG team played so much that we got reeeeeeeeally good, and thought the game was too easy, so we bumped up the difficulty.

For new players/when I demo this at the conventions, I tend to play with a few house rules.

1: Everyone starts with 3 experience.
2: (Mostly for time sake) Only going to Location card 6.
3: All cards can be transferred between players (including Location and Instant-Action)

-Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ekaitz banbowmn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a fantástic game. I always play whith house rules.I enjoy it a lot,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David White
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Hey Kevin,was just wondering,can the 2 Flock and 2 Pack cards be removed from the Zombie deck and not change the balance of the game?Love the game so much (best Zombie game I've ever bought and played...and there's a lot)but those four cards just seem so odd to me.If the four cards are removed and all is good,that would be cool.Do you guys sell individual cards,and if so is there any way I could buy 2 Loner & 2 Crawler cards from DVG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.