Province» Forums » General

Subject: Question on token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dempewolf
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi, I just received my copy and saw that there is a token that is unaccounted for anywhere that I can see. I've got a small crown looking thing, that isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules or components list.
Seen here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that whoever wins takes the crown. That's all I could think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Or it's a first player marker, to remind both players who's playing first.

Or you could use it to remind yourselves who got the Harbor first and thus who needs to "shuffle" the ship tokens on their turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's some pretty worrying print alignment, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Wright
United States
Noblesville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
That's some pretty worrying print alignment, or am I missing something?

It's not a printing issue. There is an extra token on one of the sheets with a crown on it. It is not mentioned in the rules or anywhere else as to what its purpose is. All of the other pieces are aligned perfectly.

I just put it in the bag and will figure out what to do for it. I like the idea of giving it to the harbormaster so you remember when the harbor ships need to be tossed. However, I don't think that will be difficult to remember in a two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brugato
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
Nullum gratuitum prandium.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Harbor Master is the one with their building token next to the board (the one scoring that building), so using it for that seems a bit redundant.

The game doesn't need a 1st player token as the players aren't assured an equal number of turns, and turn order isn't used as a tie-breaker or anything.

It's a mystery!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laboratory
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Some of the boards have alignment issues. It's bound to happen in a run of this size. We'll sort anyone out.

The token has no express purpose. We had room for one, so we made one. Interpret freely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laboratory wrote:
The token has no express purpose. We had room for one, so we made one. Interpret freely!

Shheees lads! You are talking to boardgamers for Bjorn's sake! Don't you know your tribe?

You almost stopped the hearth of a man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it the same on both sides? If not it could be used as a "Who plays first" token.

It could be a King's Tax Token. A third party could come by and say "What are you nerds up to?" and then they pick up this token and look at it. When they put it back down on the table, the player whose side it is closest to gets to use it as an additional meeple token for the next turn to steal collect tax resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laboratory
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
@Kris: This is exactly the kind of thinking we want to encourage!

@Gianluca: Hahaha... we do what we can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hernandez
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC60jOuYKt-7X3Jk2QR7N94A
badge
Cards and Cardboard (CnC) Reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the token for the player who becomes the Harbormaster. Since they have to "roll" the tokens at the beginning of their turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know why it wasn't a bjorn token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duh, it is the king token. Give it to the winner at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.