GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,419 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Buying plans for KS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bram
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious about something so I thought I would ask your thoughts about something.
If you purchase, or have purchased a zombicide KS did you buy multiples of the exclusive survivors? I suppose they allow that.
If you have bought some of the exclusive figures has anyone actually played with them or do you keep them pristine in the original wrapper?
Thanks for your input. I really enjoy the forum and appreciate all the information and thoughts passed around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I have so many survivors, it's ridiculous so I don't really care about keeping them in pristine condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one copy of ALL the survivors from the Kickstarters. I have painted them all and currently they are on display on a shelf, but usually, every figure gets put back in it's original packaging.

Having only played about 5-6 times in the years, i have not had the pleasure of trying each one out, but every figure has an equal chance of being randomly picked each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
I think it really depends how you "use" them and what you want them for.

There are people who would buy multiples and just sell them on ebay to make some coin or offset the cost of the kickstarter.. others who "collect" them and want mint versions to say they have it.. some people paint one of them, and keep the other one in box, and others who just dont care because there are so friggan many anyhow

Just depends on what you want..

With that in mind, I dont feel these things will be worth more in 20 years if you kept them in the box kind of thing.. I could be completely wrong, but my feeling is that any "collector" now, will have them by then since they arnt that hard to get... and if say, some kid picks up a game from somewhere in 15 years, its not likley they will pay big money for a mint survivor.. if they even knew there were any when the game was made.. if he did, he could probably pick them up at a garage sale by then

for me personaly, im not buying any of the otpional ones, and anything above the core boxes will be going on ebay to pay for my kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 'em all, painted (or am painting) 'em all, play 'em all, threw out the boxes. Despite their dramatic increase in value, as an "investment" they aren't likely to keep me alive for long once I've retired, so I'll use them for what they were made for. (And I seriously doubt they'll hold their value once the hype for the game dies down.)

I did buy an extra Season 2 Pack and sell the bonus figures. I was going to buy an extra set of tiles for $25; instead I bought the whole Prison Outbreak and sold the exclusives (and half the zombies) and made a few dollars instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i play with all survivors, i dont paint them so i keep them all together, no need for individual storage.
sometimes i play large scenarios and then even double characters join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Packages stored.

Figures played with regularly. With hopes to have them painted...

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have painted most the of the exclusives (think i have them all now )

And once painted they go into a plano container which has all of the survivors (exclusive or not). Which a random change of being used in a game. Still painting the last set of survivors now.

For me I am more into playing, then collecting. So Zombicide and the figures (exclusive or not) are meant to played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.