Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If two units are stacked in a hex during the setup phase, and are concealed, what happens when one of those units performs a fire action? Do BOTH units lose their concealment or does the non-firing unit keep concealment while the firing unit loses concealment?

If the non-firing unit keeps concealment, how do you resolve a fire action INTO that hex since one unit has concealment and another does not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that only the unit firing would lose the concealment marker, while the non firing unit remains concealed. In the case of subsequently firing into this hex, only apply the -1 concealment modifier to the firepower die roll against the (still) concealed unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We either have the other person look away so the stack can be re arranged or pick up the stack and re arrange it and put it back down with one unit that fired un concealed.

Keith T.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
resQscooter wrote:
I would say that only the unit firing would lose the concealment marker, while the non firing unit remains concealed. In the case of subsequently firing into this hex, only apply the -1 concealment modifier to the firepower die roll against the (still) concealed unit.

That's how I play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
resQscooter wrote:

That's how I play it.

This makes sense, because in the rules, a conceal counter is placed on a unit, not on a stack. There's no notion in the rules (as far as I can see) of a stack being concealed/unconcealed as a set. It's all about individual units.

So it seems that 2 units concealed in the same hex would (strictly speaking) each have their own conceal counter on each unit (though for physical convenience, one could just cover the stack with a single conceal counter). Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
If in the same hex, I always stack two units under once conceal just for simplicity. If one of them becomes unconcealed, I place it on top of the concealment counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do the same as well, one more counter doesn't make it any clearer anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.