5 Posts

Battlestations» Forums » Rules

Subject: Science bay actions VS shield energy - rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Megaleif
msg tools
Hi

My gaming group really enjoys the (1.1) game but we can't seem to grasp whether or not actions in the Science bay use Shield energy. In some of the summaries available online it says it does, but we can not find any basis for this in the rulebook. ECM, scanning, asking questions and so on - do you need to expend shield power to do them? And where does it say so? I really need a page reference.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Science Bay does not use shields energy.

Shields energy is only used when it retards incoming weapons fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megaleif
msg tools
Brilliant, thank you. I'll take it ad verbatim from you but for the next reprint it could perhaps be clarified in the text...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why it needs to be clarified in the text. The only things that cloud the issue are some third party (and evidently inaccurate) summaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Hall

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It needs to be clarified because you need shield power AVAILABLE for science bay actions, even though the science bay doesn't actually consume any. I can see how someone could be confused by that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.