Le Psquadou
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am interested in purchasing Nothing Personal, Young Turks. After I enter my information for Shipping, the only option that appears to me is 'handling fee = 1$'. I live in Canada so I was expecting more options for delivery like UPS, USPS etc... Is there a catch or it really cost 1$?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shipped within the US, but yes, just a $1 handling fee.

I wouldn't be surprised is Canada was the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
ITEM PRICING & SHIPPING COSTS

Pricing is determined in cooperation with the publishers who generously provide the products to the BGG Store.

Generally with the smaller items, there is only an additional $1.00 USD handling fee and no shipping charges. There may be some additional shipping charges for larger/heavier items and those charges are calculated and shown to the customer before confirming payment. The handling fee and any additional shipping charges do not include customs fees.

Customs fees are determined by customer's local postal service.

For a couple cards it appears to be pretty much $1 anywhere in the world (OK I only tried Scotland and Afganistan).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell if you are impressed that postage to Canada is $1 or dismayed that postage to Canada is $1.

So allow me to clarify.

International postage rates from US to Canada for a standard letter sized envelope are $1.15.

By charging $1 to ship to Canada the Geek is not only charging you $0.15 less than cost, but any handling charges are waived.

USPS international Group 1 postage rates
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Psquadou
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
I can't tell if you are impressed that postage to Canada is $1 or dismayed that postage to Canada is $1.

So allow me to clarify.

International postage rates from US to Canada for a standard letter sized envelope are $1.15.

By charging $1 to ship to Canada the Geek is not only charging you $0.15 less than cost, but any handling charges are waived.

USPS international Group 1 postage rates

I am impressed and was skeptical, I was surfing on Ebay and I saw crazy shipping rates, when I checked the BGG store and it's 1$ it was too good to be true and I was afraid for some hidden fee.

Anyway thanks all for your answers, now I got some shopping to do on the BGG store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, that's for standard letter-sized flat envelopes with a single playing card, or a few sheets of folded paper in it. Try shipping a copy of 1944: Race to the Rhine up to Canada from the BGG Store, or a game from GMT. Shipping isn't $1, I assure you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah really, Its some cardboard in a letter sized envelope. Should only be about a buck anyway same as a postcard. There aren't any boardgames going through the mail for $1. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Medvinskiy
United States
Folcroft
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shipping costs is covered with high cost of promos itself. For example, two promo sets for Star Realms cost $10, while base game MSRP is $15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For most stuff in the BGG store it is $1 shipping to anywhere in the world.

Most of the additional costs of the shipping outside the US is taken out of the money raised from the promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Handy to have that clarified. I just put in $40 worth of items to come to the UK and the bill only had $1 shipping. Wy first reaction was also, 'That can't be right.' Anyway, great deal. If shipping cost is taken into account in the base price then it's still great value. Used $1 to £1 conversion for UK prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.