Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends how much similarity you're looking for.

For instance, Alien Frontiers is a worker-placement game (check) in which you gather and spend resources (check), increase your worker pool (check), use special powers from cards you own (check) and tactically block the other players (check). However, that is about where the similarities end. The goal in Alien Frontiers is to be the first player to build all your colonies on the planet, not to have the highest-scoring farm at the end of a predefined number of rounds, your workers are dice (with the randomness that implies), and the resource management is simplified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Race for the Galaxy is the game you are looking for...but it is a darned good game, much quicker than Agric but just as deep, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien Frontiers and The Manhattan Project came to my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone should do a retheme!

I'm game if someone wants to sacrifice a copy to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Argiro
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's always the Agricola X-Deck expansion that adds an Alien invasion to the base game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus one for alien frontiers, however that feeling of having built something of your own on your individual player board is the most major thing you'd miss from Agricola. If you want a non worker placement game that does have that build your own thing feel check out Amoung The Stars. But there really isn't anything that has the same real feel of Agricola in space.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Vickers
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia is the only worker placement game with a sci-fi theme that I can think of currently. It's not the same as Agricola, obviously, but it merits a look-see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.