mike belliveau
Canada
st eustache
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a quick question that i think i know the answer.

I started playing Pathfinder with Merisiel and Seoni and finished the 1st adventure

I decided to start again (i kept my Merisiel and Seoni decks intact) this time with Kyra and Valeros and they too have finieshed the 1st adventure.

My question is could I mixed these up now? Trade cards between them? Do the next scenario with Merisiel and Kyra then catch up with Seoni and VAleros?

Thanks forr your feedback

OMG this game is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of each Scenario, you must rebuild your character decks with only the cards that are in the decks of the characters who played that Scenario. You can trade cards between characters at that time, but all characters must end up with the deck configuration noted on their respective character card. If you don't have a certain card type/number available (e.g. a Blessing was banished during the Scenario, so now Seoni doesn't have enough) you can take Basic cards from the box to fill in the gaps. Then, all unused cards are banished.

For what you want to do, you'd end up with a problem. Chances are that Merisiel and Seoni don't have very good cards to give Kyra and Valeros because of their deck configurations (remember, you can't give away those left over cards to characters who didn't complete the Scenario). And even if they did have good cards for their friends, you'd "break" the Merisiel and Seoni decks so that they couldn't continue on to their next Scenario.

I suppose you could give Merisiel and Seoni some Basic cards to fill in those that were given to Kyra and Valeros, but the rules aren't written that way. Plus, you'd only be making your characters less powerful each time you went through this exercise.

EDIT: You could take all 4 through the next Scenario, trade cards, and then continue on with only 2. Later, you could catch up the next 2 characters and play another 4-character game to accomplish more trades. This wouldn't break the rules, but I think you'd still have issues with having good cards to trade between the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike belliveau
Canada
st eustache
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grrrreat thanks.

So I guess all is good except for the trading between all 4 chars.

awesome.

I am thinking of getting 2 more chars to go through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you obey the rules about trading, as mentioned above, you won't have any problems playing 2 separate groups moving through the adventure path. If you acquire an awesome card with Seoni that you want to give to Kyra, you can just take Seoni and Kyra on the next scenario and trade between them that way. Mostly, though, you will want to focus on getting the best cards for the characters you have at the moment, and pass on the other ones in the hopes they will come up later. I do this all the time in my solo campaign: I run 6 characters, but only take 2-3 of them into each scenario. Note: I grant scenario rewards to all my characters, even those who did not participate in the scenario, but that's a house rule just to cut down on the repetition of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
If you acquire an awesome card with Seoni that you want to give to Kyra, you can just take Seoni and Kyra on the next scenario and trade between them that way.

Just keep in mind that Seoni must be able to put that card in her deck first. If it's a card type that Seoni can't carry (Weapon or Armor at the current Scenario you're talking about), then she can't take it with her to the next Scenario.

Of course, you can house-rule it like Byron said and trade between characters even if they stayed back at the Inn...unless you're OCD about the rules, like me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it´s ok if at the end of a scenario, you rebuild the decks of the participating characters with the cards they gained.

Then, you can freely exchange X cards for X cards of the same type between all your characters. It's equivalent to start a scenario with the four characters, find a safe location, let the blessing deck run out of cards then rebuild the 4 decks with no new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.