Nathan Lambes
United States
Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the brick and mortar store at the moment, just found a huge stock of X-Wing minis all in the 50% bargain bin, including the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1! Great deal, of you live near the Dayton Mall. Maybe others are clearing stock as well?

Picking up the Slave 1 for $15 new...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
You are so lucky. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am going to stop at barnes and nobles on my way home from work now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has already been discussed in the Barnes & Noble Clearance Thread - the vast majority of stores DO NOT have these on clearance, so don't get your hopes up.

Nobody has really figured out why a handful of stores have the low price, and nobody really knows WHICH stores are doing it. Most people who are reporting success are, sadly, not mentioning which store they found them at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shut the front door. Guess I'd better tell my wife I'll be home late. My store never has anything good on sale, but this is worth a shot anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
, basically anytime I give these a shot... nothin'... at the MA store...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lambes
United States
Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2619 Miamisburg Centerville Rd
Dayton

For sure, this store has them, as of 4:00, June 16th. Anyone else have any confirmed sites?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many did they have there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lambes
United States
Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A pretty good number. Quite a few HWKs, some regular TIEs, a TIE Advanced, Interceptor, about three Millennium Falcons, a few Slave 1s, and some Lambda shuttles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they have any of the core sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing at the Upper Arlington (no X-wing at all) or Lennox B&Ns in Columbus, OH.

Lennox has a lot of X-Wing minis, but nothing in the clearance bin.

That end cap did look awfully crowded. I'll probably pop in on my way from home from work Friday to see if anything makes the jump to that clearance table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an entire thread elsewhere about the Barnes & Noble sale that has been going on for a month now.

X-wing sales are not widespread so most users should not expect to find this. Obviously, if you are in Dayton, however, you should go now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I have been in that other B&N thread, but as I am within the Dayton area this one is of specific interest to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pickings were slim in Stamford, CT. There was a bunch of Dungeon Command and a copy of Trajan for $30. No X-Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No luck in Franklin/Cool Springs TN. Although there was a mom with her 10ish year old son who was agonizing over what game she should buy to play with him. She was clearly having a hard time so I got to do my good gamer deed for the day and offer some guidance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
No luck in Franklin/Cool Springs TN. Although there was a mom with her 10ish year old son who was agonizing over what game she should buy to play with him. She was clearly having a hard time so I got to do my good gamer deed for the day and offer some guidance.

And what did you suggest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ross
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:

Didn't have any luck there or Murfreesboro the week before July 4th when I was visiting family in Spring Hill. Neither store had much for games in the clearance area, and I tried price checking X-Wing at both with no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjfalzone wrote:
Oph1d1an wrote:

And what did you suggest?

Well, when I found them she was sitting on the floor with Dominion and reading online reviews on her phone out loud to her son. But she sounded a little stressed, so when a pause came I interjected. She said her son was interested in fantasy-themed stuff, that they had bought War of the Ring, but were having trouble figuring it out--it was too long and complex. So she wanted something with a fantasy theme that isn't too intense, BUT that she was "leery" of the Dungeons and Dragons stuff. Told her that Dominion is a very highly-acclaimed and popular game that isn't too complex and that plays well with 2 players, but that it's pretty bland in terms of theme. The other selection was pretty limited, but I also pointed out Mice and Mystics, which they seemed really excited about (apparently they're big Redwall fans). I said the rules might seem a little overwhelming of you're not used to hobby board games, but it's pretty straightforward once you get going. I talked a little about which games on the shelf are the most popular generally, and then I took my leave. So I guess I recommended Dominion and M&M, but really I was just trying to give some general info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Nothing at the Upper Arlington (no X-wing at all) or Lennox B&Ns in Columbus, OH.

Lennox has a lot of X-Wing minis, but nothing in the clearance bin.

That end cap did look awfully crowded. I'll probably pop in on my way from home from work Friday to see if anything makes the jump to that clearance table.

Checked again today. Nothing yet at that Lennox location.

boxes and ship packs stacked and crammed onto that little end cap with vinyl figures and the LCG.

I sure hope someone notices that they aren't moving enough of these x-wing miniatures and they need to put those older units on sale.

PAPA NEEDS A NEW MILLENNIUM FALCON!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.