United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Good afternoon everyone,

We have two major updates for you.

1. For the zombie replacements we have received word that our supplier will have those components to us on August 28th. It will take several people and a coordinated effort to get all the replacements out and our goal is to achieve that by the middle of September. This is later than we expected to be receiving these items and we apologize that we do not have better news on the timeline.

2. For the backer's special with the lab freak, bear, spider, etc. we are providing a refund to backers who paid for those items. These are taking much longer than expected and we do not think it is fair to keep you waiting when we ourselves do not have a good idea of the timeline.

We will issue a full refund (as you may know, Amazon and Kickstarter together charge 10%) + 10% (similar to what we did for Crysis backers). For example if you paid $40 for the backer's special, we will refund you $44 (also covering any fees from paypal). We do want these items to come out, so if they do, we will make sure original backers get the best deal.

Please use this (the kickstarter) email to request/receive the refund and include the email you would like us to use when we issue the refund (we will issue the refund via paypal and that requires an email).

The refund process will take two to three weeks.

Thank you very much for your support and patience.

Keith and Queen Games

If this has nothing to do with the massivley increased cost of minis and Queen wanting to further screw over their customer base by selling them stuff they've already paid for at the new increased price, I'll eat my pants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
If this has nothing to do with the massivley increased cost of minis and Queen wanting to further screw over their customer base by selling them stuff they've already paid for at the new increased price, I'll eat my pants.

Nope, I'm pretty sure you're right. Or at least that's my impression when I saw this news post. Queen Games appears to be only refunding $44 (of the $45 paid for the new miniatures), but to be honest I'll let them have that $1 just so I can cut all ties with their company. Good riddance QG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

FWIW, Keith said this in the comments:
Quote:
Queen Games about 1 hour ago

The reason we are offering a refund is because we do not have a timeline for the release of the backer's special. Our hope is to get this work completed, but we do not know if that will happen. When taking your refund, if these items do come out, we will NOT charge you more than what you originally paid.

Brian I will look into the boards and have an answer next week.

Keith

I don't think you need to start seasoning your pants just yet, as I am one who also has serious reservations about the trustworthiness of QG. But it's interesting that they felt the need to add this in the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Quote:
Good afternoon everyone,

1. For the zombie replacements we have received word that our supplier will have those components to us on August 28th. It will take several people and a coordinated effort to get all the replacements out and our goal is to achieve that by the middle of September. This is later than we expected to be receiving these items and we apologize that we do not have better news on the timeline.

2. For the backer's special with the lab freak, bear, spider, etc. we are providing a refund to backers who paid for those items. These are taking much longer than expected and we do not think it is fair to keep you waiting when we ourselves do not have a good idea of the timeline.

We will issue a full refund (as you may know, Amazon and Kickstarter together charge 10%) + 10% (similar to what we did for Crysis backers). For example if you paid $40 for the backer's special, we will refund you $44 (also covering any fees from paypal). We do want these items to come out, so if they do, we will make sure original backers get the best deal.

Please use this (the kickstarter) email to request/receive the refund and include the email you would like us to use when we issue the refund (we will issue the refund via paypal and that requires an email).

Keith and Queen Games

It doesn't say they are canceled, They are still planning on making they are delayed long than they are liking and sent this update. I have send an email to Kieth asking if those of us that want to stay in and willing to wait can do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Queen also stated the following:

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I will find out the status about the radioactive elements as well. That may take a few days, but I will find out and post it in an update. The $40 was an example, it is not the only amount that will be refunded, so if you paid more than that, you will be refunded appropriately.

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
051276 wrote:

It doesn't say they are canceled, They are still planning on making they are delayed long than they are liking and sent this update. I have send an email to Kieth asking if those of us that want to stay in and willing to wait can do so.

Forever the optimist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm happy to take the refund. Now I just have to go through the box one more time to see if I got everything they say they sent. There was quite a bit of confusion when these things were first sent. After that, I'm going to sail on and not worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
051276 wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
Quote:
Good afternoon everyone,

Keith and Queen Games

Depends on which sentence you read. One at least said they're still coming out, most say IF they EVER come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Waszczuk
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, let's keep this in perspective. Okay, say they refund me the $45 USD I paid for the add-on miniatures (+ radioactive). If they offer it later, even at the same price, it will still cost you more because you'll have to pay shipping fees all over again.

This may have factored into this issue, if the conspiracy theory is correct, the price of manufacturing the cards (x6), miniatures (x12 total, when including radioactive red versions) AND shipping them for $45, may have proven to be uneconomical for QG.

Why, if this were Zombicide they would have charged $60 for the exact same deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sort of confused over this. I don't understand why Keith can not come out and just say look, "The Backer Specials are coming out, it's just going to take us another 8 months." Instead time and time again he has to say "if" they come out or "they might not come out." The game released to backers in October, so what have they been doing for the past 9 months? They showed some sculpts that appeared to be made so it seems like they're crawling/baby stepping forward with the expansion but he makes it sound like the project is 2 seconds from going belly up from how badly they mismanaged everything to do with this game. Like I said, I'm confused, I'm not sure if I should hang on or just go with the refund. Although I'm leaning towards just rolling with it and calling it a wash since very few people, if any, have actually been able to get a refund from Queen Games.

For a side curiosity question: Did Nikki leave Queen Games and go work for Zman Games? I don't see her answering questions or posting on the DDD KS any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's horrible. Even for Queen. Real shady shit.

Any excuses as to why some plastic miniatures are taking "so long"?

EDIT: Never mind. Keith's reply including words like "if this is published" makes it certainly seem as though they are backing away from the project entirely. Why wouldn't it happen? They committed to doing it!

"Yeah, we expected this to make more money than it did even though we didn't put any development into it and took a dump all over the campaign. Anywho, it has been a while since it brought in any dough and there are more kickstarters to run. Ta!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be a silly question: I think I do not have a Paypall-account (and not planning to make one). Any idea how to get my refund?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stefaan wrote:
This may be a silly question: I think I do not have a Paypall-account (and not planning to make one). Any idea how to get my refund?

It's a good question! The credit card I used back in the day to pledge is no longer valid - I guess we will wait and see. I doubt the refunds will come through Kickstarter though, so maybe they will just ask us to confirm details - at some point!

It's such a shame as I would rather have got what I had pledged for in the end, but will take a refund if that's the way they are going. I do want to get the missing pieces from the base and kickstarter set though.

In the end I think that Queen just want to see the back of this game - people were pledging on their new projects just to try and get a response (and rightly so as they were pretty much ignoring every other communication).

The biggest disappointment is that this is actually a great game and should have received a lot more support from the publisher - it was ripe for expansions and scenarios and could have been a good long term seller. Maybe another publisher will pick it up and run with it at some point. It is exactly the type of game that Fantasy Flight turn into a decent cash cow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doe Gibson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that Queen wants to be done with DDD. I imagine that at some point expansions, 2nd edition etc... will be through another company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
K I S S
badge
Tennessee Titans
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

I'm happy to take the refund. Now I just have to go through the box one more time to see if I got everything they say they sent. There was quite a bit of confusion when these things were first sent. After that, I'm going to sail on and not worry about it.

I'm feeling sorry about David,
it's his baby, a board game he developed with his heart over many years and then a stupid company, which never made any figure themed games before, was the publisher! So sorry, for David! cry

Yes, it seems for me that Queen will never issue any add-on, because this project is burned ground for them, they disappointed nearly the whole community and fan-base!
Without David's long-time support during and after the campaign, still till now, the game died... Only inside the shelves and on our geek-tables this will survive.

Damn, and Queen is having the rights on this, that means no other company will ever produce add-ons!

I don't want to say such things ever, but "I HATE Queen Games!" Since years they treating and piss of their customers...
Queen is dead for me.

And still they doing "stock clean out" Kickstarters of old games, adding some small add-ons to push any sales and making money!

Stop buying this! You get on the second market, used, nearly every game
from their stock. Stop helping them making money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
K I S S
badge
Tennessee Titans
mbmbmbmbmb

Dear David,

Unfortunately my concerns about QG comes alive too. The wrong publisher, maybe the worst possible publisher ever has damaged your game!

I'm feeling so sorry for your baby, and still hope you'll issue add-ons and developed expansions here on the BGG site to keep DDD alive for many years to come.

We'll proxy survivors and future monster for this together!
The community is here and will support.

Wish you all the best,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hail to David, your game is good and well balanced with the revised rules. Queen Games are a bunch of gulp and they will be forever banned from my shelves ! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why all the hate, I think it's pretty nice of Queen to offer a refund plus extra to cover Paypal fees.

Geez, just can't please some people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Not sure why all the hate, I think it's pretty nice of Queen to offer a refund plus extra to cover Paypal fees.

The disappointment is arising from the way the whole campaign has been mismanaged.

To me, it looks like they are ditching the game. If they are basically going to drop the expansions, then it is not "nice" of them to offer a refund, it is no more than I would expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anything ever been said about the radioactive nemesis boards for the components we did receive in the initial shipment? Cancelling and refunding addons is one thing but these were part of the base pledge and stretch goals.

Already seeing people asking if it's possible to return and refund what was already supplied on the KS comments section. Could this lead to an interesting legal situation where you could argue the goods supplied (7-8 months ago) don't match what was paid for (a year ago)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett DeWald
United States
Fenelton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What saddens me most is that we were recently shown pictures of the new miniatures. This gave us hope that they would be released soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
modernlife wrote:
Has anything ever been said about the radioactive nemesis boards for the components we did receive in the initial shipment? Cancelling and refunding addons is one thing but these were part of the base pledge and stretch goals.

As of now, the refund is only for backer's special. Nothing has been said (yet) for the other addons (radioactive zombies).

Keith wrote:
Hi everyone,
I will find out the status about the radioactive elements as well. That may take a few days, but I will find out and post it in an update. The $40 was an example, it is not the only amount that will be refunded, so if you paid more than that, you will be refunded appropriately.
Keith

So once again, an incomplete update, and the guy making the update is only repeating what he's been asked to say and has no idea of what's going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:

Geez, just can't please some people!

A refund plus 10% is worth acknowledging. That's better than some KS campaigns where creators just took the money and run. So on that note, kudos to QG.

But it really is important to note the context of QG's actions (or inactions) over the entire campaign. Offering 10% extra does not even begin to make up for the poor communication, missing components, and now the failure to fulfill a very big portion of what they offered in the KS campaign.

I have refrained from bashing QG with a lot of vitriol and anger. But I also think that it will take more than one gesture on QG's part (which hasn't even occurred yet) to cause most people to start giving them the benefit of the doubt on anything having to do with DDD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still missing the RadioactiveRed Bad Boy Boards I added for $10. Will these still come or are they refunded ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like the radioactive stuff still might be in the works and they are just ditching the Backers Special expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.