Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the illustration on page 7, right column (bottom) mean? I cannot find any text that clarifies what the illustration is trying to make clear. The illustration is similar to the first illustration in the right column except that in the third illustration the Supported Armor unit is bordering a town/village hex while in the first illustration the unit is in clear terrain. This seems to have impact on the number if dice to be thrown. But again: there is no accompanying text clarification. I'm puzzled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been answered in another thread, but it is confusing. Its an example where the Supported Armor unit is in a town, and is therefore -2 at ranges 2 and 3, but gets the infantry reduction (only -1) in Close Assault: therefore it gets 3 dice at range 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
This has been answered in another thread, but it is confusing. Its an example where the Supported Armor unit is in a town, and is therefore -2 at ranges 2 and 3, but gets the infantry reduction (only -1) in Close Assault: therefore it gets 3 dice at range 1.
I didn't notice the Supported Armor unit was firing out of a town hex. Now it's all clear to me. Thanks for your swift reply Jon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:

Yes, I asked the same in the DoW forums.

Http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?th=29610&start=0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its confusing because you can't tell that the unit is in a town, as the large unit covers up the underlying terrain. An explanation would have been helpful. But there are always some things that come up after publication, and they've been very good about responding to them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.