Subject: replacing lost job related cargo/contra/passengers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Rulebook states that if you lose job related passengers, fugitives, cargo, or contra, you are on your own to replace them.

I see you can obtain replacement passengers and fugitives from Ammon Duul while solid. How can one obtain replacment cargo or contra?

I am assuming the job is still active yet in limbo until you can find replacements to complete the task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can gain them via salvage ops, which appear in the Alliance and Border nav cards.

Edit: Yes, the job is still active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salvage ops are really the only way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depends on what you've lost and what your resources are.

As indicated, Salvage Ops are a great way to go, but there are also Gear and Ship Upgrades that will allow you to take load Cargo or Contraband following a successful Crime or Smuggling Job.

If you have PIRATES & BOUNTY HUNTERS, piracy against your opponents is also a good way to go.

Also, don't overlook trading with other players. Your opponents will likely make you pay through the nose, but it's always possible to that you'll be able to make a mutually beneficial deal.

The next expansion, BLUE SUN, appears to include a contact who will sell you Cargo when you're Solid with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Thank you. Learning the game still and coming to find these minor questions as they come up during play.

Love the game so far. I can really feel the theme and suspense while hoping you don't get caught with contraband or raided by reavers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Best to carry a Cry-Baby. Maybe two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Also, don't overlook trading with other players. Your opponents will likely make you pay through the nose, but it's always possible to that you'll be able to make a mutually beneficial deal.
[/q]

Currently playing solo until i get a grasp of the game. That is another option once I play with others. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gotcha. I mostly play solo myself. Crime is your friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There're also a couple of Misbehave cards (I think, or maybe just one) that allow you to load up on cargo or contraband, depending which options you go for. Hard to rely on, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Brownridge
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - if you are solid with someone you can buy more contraband and cargo.

Amhon Dul also allows loading passengers or fugitives (can't remember which).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you're solid with a contact (other than Harken) you can SELL Contraband and Cargo, not buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
kbrownridge wrote:
Also - if you are solid with someone you can buy more contraband and cargo.

Amhon Dul also allows loading passengers or fugitives (can't remember which).

Huh?!?!? Rulebook just states they can buy cargo/contra from you. I had no idea you could buy it from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
gwek wrote:
If you're solid with a contact (other than Harken) you can SELL Contraband and Cargo, not buy.

Ok thats what I was wondering. Almost reminds me when I was first learning Mage Knight the board game... Almost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
you can buy fuel from Harken, and sell Cargo/Contra to the other four contacts. It seems that one of the new contacts in the BLUE SUN expansion will sell Cargo (because it say, in pretty big letters "SELLING CARGO").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hutchins
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If you plan on going after Crime jobs, a Sky Hook can also help get you extra cargo to finish a lingering job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinamil wrote:
If you plan on going after Crime jobs, a Sky Hook can also help get you extra cargo to finish a lingering job.

Sky Hooks net you Contraband after a Crime Job, not Cargo. The TRANSPORT keyword can be useful on a certain Misbehave when it comes to Cargo, if I recall correctly.

Very handy Ship Upgrade to have either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, it's, what?

Skyhook = Contra after Crime
Mud Dog ATV = Contra after Smuggling
WD Mule = Cargo after Crime

Yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Kapagami
Norway
Trondheim
Sør-Trøndelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cargo and Contraband resupplying chart.

LEADERS:
Burgess magically conjures up a cargo whenever you have completed a shipping job

SUPPLIES:
bonus after SALVAGE OP:
1 Crew, 2 Gear and 2 Ship Upgrades grant Contraband,
whilst 1 Crew and 2 Ship Upgrades Grant Cargo.

Bonus after CRIME JOB:
3 Gear grant Cargo and 2 Ship Upgrades grant Contraband.

Bonus after SMUGGLING JOB:
2 Gear grant Contraband

NAV CARDS:
BORDER SPACE: There are six salvage ops where three allow you to load cargo. Then there is the "A ROGUE TRADER" card that allow you to by contraband

ALLIANCE SPACE: There is one salvage op that grants you contraband, and one Trader that allow you to buy cargo.

MISBEHAVE CARDS:
Three cards has an options to load Contraband whereas one card may give you one Cargo

JOBS:
Niska has two jobs that grant either cargo or contraband for each crew on the job.
Any Piracy Job that grants you goods.

SHIPS:
Not directly, but walden counts Piracy jobs as SALVAGE OPS and may enable the multitude of Crew, Gear and Ship Upgrades that grants you your long lost possessions.

So there are multiple ways to reclaim it but contraband is what seems to go missing the most. And I have found equipping yourself with the crew, gear and upgrades to gain the most out of salvage ops are the best way to get it. If it is done correctly you don't need to do jobs for the cash grab missions, but where is the fun in that.

That is about it for now. But the future seems brighter as we already have seen one contact that is selling Cargo and I guess there will be one more on the other side that sells Contraband (or makes it obtainable in some other fashion. "1 Cargo +200 = Contraband" or something.

I also predict that there will be more jobs that will pay in cargo or contraband in some fashion, maybe as profession bonus or "wheel and deal"
actions (also almost definitely in the Blue Sun expansion.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
So, it's, what?

Skyhook = Contra after Crime
Mud Dog ATV = Contra after Smuggling
WD Mule = Cargo after Crime

Yes?

And:

Crew
Burgess = Complete a Shipping Job, Load 1 Cargo.
Jesse (Crew) = +1 Contraband from Salvage Ops.
Billy (Crew) = +1 Cargo from Salvage Ops.

Gear
Breaching Tool = +1 Contraband from Salvage Ops.
Onboard Chop Shop = After any Salvage Op Load 1 Contraband (& $500).
EVA Suit = +1 Cargo from Salvage Ops.

Nav Cards
Derelict Ship = Salvage Op Load 2 Cargo
Freighter Convoy = You may purchase up to 3 Cargo for $300 each, Or Fight Test Load 3 Contraband.
A Rogue Trader = You may buy up to 3 Contraband for $400 each, Or Fight Test Load 3 Contraband
Abandoned Ship = Salvage Op Load 2 Contraband.
Nav Hazard: Debris Field = Tech Test Salvage Op Load 1 or 2 Cargo

A reasonable number of options on top of the Piracy and new expansion contacts mentioned above. Haven't needed them yet - perhaps I'm being a bit too soft arrrh.

(Looks like I need to learn to type faster laugh)

Added for completeness following Kapagami's post.

Jobs
(Niska) What's yours is mine… = Pay is 1 Contra per crew
(Niska) Jump & hump the competition = Pay is 1 Cargo per crew
Plus all the relevant Piracy ones.

Misbehave
A Vote of No Confidence Clubs = Requires no Disgruntled Crew: Load 1 Cargo.
Everything That's Not Nailed Down = Requires TRANSPORT. Load up to 3 Contraband, Or For each Crew on Job without Gear, Load 1 Contraband.
An Unexpected Opportunity = Negotiate Test Buy up to 3 Contraband for $100 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.